Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TravelZoo

*SOLD OUT* $2599 Maldives 7Nts 5-Star Overwater Villa + Half Board + 1 Launch at fully ocean-submerged glass restaurant

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 11:36 am
Dec 2, 2013
739 posts
1231 upvotes

[TravelZoo] *SOLD OUT* $2599 Maldives 7Nts 5-Star Overwater Villa + Half Board + 1 Launch at fully ocean-submerged glass restaurant

Deal Link:
Retailer:
TravelZoo
More offers from TravelZoo
https://www.travelzoo.com/ca/local-deal ... e-maldives

Travel through Oct. 31, 2022
Seven nights' accommodations at Italian-designed 5-star resort You & Me for two guests in a Manta Villa, an overwater villa with sunrise view
Daily breakfast for two at The Sand
Daily upscale dinner a la carte (not buffet) for two at The Sand, Rising Sun or La Pasta
A lunch for two (not including drinks) at H2O (one of the only 6 underwater restaurants in Maldives), the fully submerged glass restaurant with insane views of marine life (value of $500 CAD)
All resort taxes and fees (normally 24% on top of the daily rate), except the mandatory green tax of US$6 per person per night
Does not include flights from Canada or transfers from Male Airport ($420 USD RT by seaplane (an experience in itself) or $370 RT by domestic flight + speedboat)
Flights from Canada can run anywhere from $900 to $1500, you need to setup alerts with Google Flights for the best deals
You do not need a Visa for the Maldives, all visitors get 30-day tourist visa
No quarantine required upon arrival, the country has fully reopened since July
If you can't travel or simply change your mind you can get instant full refund from TravelZoo (I have done to re-book the villa with pool).

I strongly suggest to upgrade for the Dolphin Villa with Pool as you not only get a private infinity pool for an additional $600 CAD but you also get a sunset view as opposed to sunrise view with the Manta Villa. This is important to get the full Maldives experience and usually cost +$500 CAD / night to upgrade. So you are paying less than $90 CAD / night for the ultimate experience. Similar offerings run usually in the +$1K CAD / night, so you are saving quite a bit of money. Apply for HSBC MasterCard World Elite ($600 travel credit bonus) to cover some of the cost for flights and transfers.

*This deal is AMAZING for a honeymoon, special celebration or simply checking off The Maldives from a bucket list for people that would normally never afford it. The Maldives as a destination is on par with Bora Bora, Fidji and the like in the sense it is upscale/luxury/exclusive and once in a lifetime experiences. The experience is all about the overwater villa, there are only few places in the world where you can find overwater villas (Jamaica, St-Lucia, French Polynesia, Malaysia, Belize, Panama) and they are nearly all way more expensive (≈$2K CAD / night) than The Maldives. This is not your typical Caribbean vacations.

In case you are worried with TravelZoo going under water, TravelZoo is resgistered provider with the TICO (Travel Industry Council of Ontario) and as such, your payment is fully covered against bankruptcy/insolvency until March 31, 2022. More info can be found on TICO's website here.

https://www.tico.ca/consumers/frequentl ... tions.html

I was provided with a travel voucher (credit) or similar document by an Ontario travel agency, tour operator and/or by an airline, cruise line prior to it ceasing operations for future travel services. Can I file a claim for the credit amount?

REDEEMED VOUCHERS OR SIMILAR DOCUMENTS: If you have redeemed a travel voucher, certificate, coupon or similar document for travel services with a TICO-registered travel agency or website and the travel services can no longer be provided due to either the Ontario travel agency, website or Ontario tour operator become bankrupt or insolvent or ceased to carry on business or due to the cessation of an airline or cruise line you may file a claim against the Travel Industry Compensation Fund, subject to the provisions of the Regulation. So long as the consumer has purchased the travel service through a registered Ontario travel retailer, a claim may be filed against the Compensation Fund for the non-provision of travel services, subject to the provisions of the Regulation.

UNREDEEMED VOUCHERS OR SIMILAR DOCUMENTS: For a temporary period from March 30, 2020 until March 31, 2022, the holder of a credit voucher, certificate, coupon, or similar document issued by a TICO-registered travel agency, website or tour operator that has NOT been redeemed for future travel services because the TICO-registered travel agency or tour operator has become bankrupt or insolvent or ceased to carry on business and that failure is related to COVID-19, you can make a claim against the Travel Industry Compensation Fund subject to the provisions of the Regulation.

On of the many great reviews that portrays the Maldives:

"I personally think the Maldives are the most beautiful place I have ever seen and like no other in the world. It’s not just down to the water villas even thought they are absolutely amazing but!
Every single Island is surronded by a coral reef therefore the water is so incredibly pure (as the coral filtrates the water and is so close)and nowhere close comparing to big islands and lands such as Caribbean.The only place that comes close are small islands and Attols in South Pacific. Also because of this the marine life is just unreal and literally on your doorstep-or few meters from the beach so no need to travel far into the ocean for a dive.
Beaches are the whitest I have ever seen and in Maldives you get an amazing sand banks that go far into the ocean.
It’s a luxury Robinson Crusoe paradise.
The service and food is spectacular.
Many people think it must be boring but there is so much to do such as scuba diving, jet ski, jet blades, sea bobs, excursions, whale shark trips -it’s just endless.
Totally worth every penny."

Fully submerged glass restaurant (Cost 360 USD at launch time for two but FREE with any of the 7-night packages)

Manta Sunrise Villa ($2599 - 7 Nights)

Dolphin Sunset Villa with Infinity Pool ($3199 CAD 7 Nights)
Last edited by elideli on Sep 20th, 2020 10:10 pm, edited 24 times in total.
298 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6652 posts
1509 upvotes
Ontario
According to Google flights, it seems a round trip flight from Toronto is at least $3000 total for 2 people (most dates are over $4000). Also add in the roundtrip transfers between the international airport and You & Me Maldives that are required and cost up to US$420 (approx. $550) per person.

Overall, this would be at least $6-7k for 2 people. I don't know if that's good or bad, but just trying to save some people time doing research. I'm trying to hold off on showing the wife and seeing if it's a good deal because she will obviously want to go Face With Tears Of Joy
Last edited by Pr0metheus on Sep 12th, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1618 posts
675 upvotes
Looks stunning and my dream vacation. I would worry about having so much money tied up in a travel voucher if TravelZoo goes under. What does everyone think?
"I've saved so much money, I have practically MADE money!" :)
Mar 7, 2011
997 posts
1013 upvotes
I'm gonna just upvote because of that dope a$$ video
Dec 2, 2013
739 posts
1231 upvotes
Well, this wasn't meant to be a Cuba-like deal. You are going to the Maldives after all. As for flights, you have until Oct 2022 to book your nights, plenty of time to find a good airfare deal at around $900/person. You can very easily do all this under $5K for two persons including transfers from the airport. Maldives is usually a $10K destination with BOW. For people that have Maldives high on their bucket list, this is an amazing deal.
Mar 9, 2011
549 posts
204 upvotes
Coquitlam
How long will this deal last? Definitely interested to go next summer...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6652 posts
1509 upvotes
Ontario
elideli wrote: Well, this wasn't meant to be a Cuba-like deal. You are going to the Maldives after all. As for flights, you have until Oct 2022 to book your nights, plenty of time to find a good airfare deal at around $900/person. You can very easily do all this under $5K for two persons including transfers from the airport. Maldives is usually a $10K destination with BOW. For people that have Maldives high on their bucket list, this is an amazing deal.
That makes it really hot then. Thanks for sharing. What time of year can we find flights for $900? I'm sold if I can.
Dec 27, 2011
865 posts
1690 upvotes
1 Launch at fully submerged glass restaurant? As in we get launched into the ocean? I'm in!!!
Dec 2, 2013
739 posts
1231 upvotes
You really have to use Google Flights alerts to snap good airfare deals, you also need to be flexible, I have seen some flight with Qatar at $900 from Montreal, I guess it would be similar from Toronto.
Sep 10, 2013
275 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone care to comment on this vs the previously available Reethi Faru deal?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2010
1354 posts
1134 upvotes
White Bear, ON
There and back again.... A Covid Tale.
Dec 9, 2016
403 posts
314 upvotes
so this deal is 2600$, per person ??, or 2600$ for two person??
Mar 9, 2011
549 posts
204 upvotes
Coquitlam
marioiannuzzi wrote: Anyone care to comment on this vs the previously available Reethi Faru deal?
I've done some research lately as my wife and I plan to go for July 2021. I think this is even a better deal than the June Reethi Faru deal because this place is more exclusive/expensive.

Too bad we still require 14-day quarantine when returning (for now), otherwise I'd book this for March 2021; gotta burn my half million Aeroplan points somehow...
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2484 posts
3179 upvotes
Ottawa
Is this all in CAD$? Extending the stay for $375/night is hot if all in CAD$. Now if I just had money lying around for a dream vacay like this.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5820 posts
3846 upvotes
West Vancouver
CruelDabest1 wrote: so this deal is 2600$, per person ??, or 2600$ for two person??
this isnt clear at all.
Aug 29, 2018
340 posts
441 upvotes
crystallight wrote: 1 Launch at fully submerged glass restaurant? As in we get launched into the ocean? I'm in!!!
What a way to torpedo your date.
Sep 28, 2015
925 posts
1124 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
You have to book the hotel after buying the voucher, and you need to email the hotel to book and wait 48-72 hours for response? Sounds too much trouble.