Expired Hot Deals

[TravelZoo] *SOLD OUT* $2599 Maldives 7Nts 5-Star Overwater Villa + Half Board + 1 Launch at fully ocean-submerged glass restaurant

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 11:36 am
Feb 3, 2019
214 posts
175 upvotes
So I spoke with BMO World Elite insurance (Allainz Global Risk) regarding travel refund. I specifically gave this whole Maldives trip as a scenario:

If you buy this voucher WITHOUT purchasing a 2 way plane ticket to go with it, YOU WILL NOT BE COVERED FOR REFUND if TZ go under. If you do buy a 2 way plane ticket + this voucher and TZ goes under, you will only get a refund if the plane ticket you purchase from doesnt give you a travel voucher to reschedule your trip. ie. you will only get a refund for this Maldives voucher and NOT your plane ticket.

elideli wrote: They issue a voucher, basically a credit, the booking is only confirmed when the voucher is redeemed at the resort. I would just book my dates and leave it.
After purchasing the voucher from TZ and booking your dates, does this eliminate TZ as a middleman and deal directly with You&Me Maldives?

I am considering this deal but do not want to be chasing my money around or worse, gone completely without going to this trip!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1045 posts
273 upvotes
tester85 wrote: It’s usd for sure...
CAD and inclusive of tax. I already booked and paid
Jan 19, 2017
442 posts
737 upvotes
19 pages for a 7K+ vacation? LMAO god damn you RFDers have some $$ to blow. Is it all the savings on the other deals?
Aug 8, 2020
91 posts
39 upvotes
tunda11 wrote: I'm gonna just upvote because of that dope a$$ video
Right, I felt good just watching it even knowing we can't travel till God knows when.
Feb 12, 2017
91 posts
67 upvotes
RedSwagDeals wrote: 19 pages for a 7K+ vacation? LMAO god damn you RFDers have some $$ to blow. Is it all the savings on the other deals?
A hot deal is a hot deal, buy first, think later! Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1276 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
RedSwagDeals wrote: 19 pages for a 7K+ vacation? LMAO god damn you RFDers have some $$ to blow. Is it all the savings on the other deals?
Nah, we just like to keep adding to our credit.
Mar 16, 2006
271 posts
331 upvotes
Vancouver
donttoewsmebro wrote: Genuinely interested if you would consider this a good deal (https://www.travelzoo.com/ca/local-deal ... locId=1052).
I have never been to Barbados , but this seems like a pretty good deal for the hotel that ranges from $1000 to $1700 a night. Flights out of YVR are under $1k with 1 stop. Toronto might be better. I'd probably do 2 weeks, 1 at a cheaper resort then at the high end Fairmont, Hurricane season is June to Nov, so May seems ideal to get the lower rate.
[OP]
Dec 2, 2013
231 posts
398 upvotes
Montreal
DownfallenX wrote: I have never been to Barbados , but this seems like a pretty good deal for the hotel that ranges from $1000 to $1700 a night. Flights out of YVR are under $1k with 1 stop. Toronto might be better. I'd probably do 2 weeks, 1 at a cheaper resort then at the high end Fairmont, Hurricane season is June to Nov, so May seems ideal to get the lower rate.
You need to add $700 for the lower package (20% tax + $20/night levy) + lot of restriction on dates + no food included + you have to book by October 2021. Very cod deal to me. I would rather go to Club Med 7-N in Turks & Caicos, all inclusive, lot of free activities and right on the best beach in the world (Grace Bay) for $3K including direct flight from Toronto and transfers for two persons + free covid-19 insurance. Not the same category of hotel (4*) I know but to me nothing beats Turks & Caicos in the Caribbean.
Mar 16, 2006
271 posts
331 upvotes
Vancouver
elideli wrote: You need to add $700 for the lower package (20% tax + $20/night levy) + lot of restriction on dates + no food included + you have to book by October 2021. Very cod deal to me. I would rather go to Club Med in Turks & Caicos, all inclusive, lot of free activities and right on the best beach in the world (Grace Bay) for $3K including direct flight from Toronto and transfers for two persons + free covid-19 insurance. Not the same category of hotel (4*) I know but to me nothing beats Turks & Caicos in the Caribbean.
I missed those fees, but It included breakfast. I want to Turk and Caicos too. Where are you grabbing that price from? I see something close on the Club Med site, but it's a couple hundred more from YVR.
[OP]
Dec 2, 2013
231 posts
398 upvotes
Montreal
DownfallenX wrote: I missed those fees, but It included breakfast. I want to Turk and Caicos too. Where are you grabbing that price from? I see something close on the Club Med site, but it's a couple hundred more from YVR.

$3.6K from Vancouver on November, with a referral, you get $100 off and if you book through https://en.cinquiemesaison.com/ which is biggest ClubMed agency in Canada you get also $100 off. So $3.4K All in.

Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1536 posts
235 upvotes
Hamilton
Really.. can you post screenshot? I thought it’s usd
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12098 posts
3256 upvotes
Scarberia
we can use travelzoo and book appoints for 2021, and refund it using the hsbc WE card and get the 5k spend out of the way? anyone confirm this? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>