[The Treadmill Factory] Fit505 Rack / Functional / Smith $1299

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2021 11:10 am
9 replies
Nov 27, 2011
430 posts
169 upvotes
NEPEAN
This seems insanely cheap for what you get..
[OP]
Aug 14, 2019
17 posts
39 upvotes
no weight stack, help keep the cost down
Oct 14, 2015
241 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
Shantz wrote: no weight stack, help keep the cost down
Real RFDer would suggest using sandbags or buckets of water (with a lid of course) to save $$$ on overpriced circles of metal.
Also, FYI if you go to checkout, it adds $184 for shipping...or you can do free pickup but based on the oversized skid the FTX came on, and with this being/looking larger, you'd likely need a truck and very strong people to help. The costco deal also comes with a great bench and well...the weights
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
1523 posts
274 upvotes
Only thing I would be a bit worried about is the weight of this machine. It is shockingly light. 160lb is really light considering all the components they added vs say a fitness reality xlt 810 which is 144lb which is a light duty rack to begin with. Since this machine appears to include an Olympic bar as well from video unboxings, I hope the weight is wrong because it just seems too light for this large of a machine.
Feel the wraith of the Old English Sheepdog.
Feb 20, 2006
378 posts
258 upvotes
i have my eye on this for a while, but i am not sure now because the J hooks are very long(with no vertical pad), and it makes the spotter arms in below look very short. The fitness trainer and smith machine features are really nice though. I wonder if it is possible to upgrade the J hooks because the pin is on the side.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6863 posts
2830 upvotes
Montreal
bleysX wrote: This seems insanely cheap for what you get..
Definitely very cheap for all of that. This similar Amstaff rack is $400 more, and usually their stuff is on the lower tier of quality.
Makes you wonder. Any feedback on the Fit5050?
May 8, 2015
230 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have the Fit505 rack (their basic power rack) and the build quality was decent for what it is, a good household gym power rack.

That rack also is shockingly light, but it's never once been an issue. This rack looks like it improves it in every imaginable way.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6863 posts
2830 upvotes
Montreal
Saw a view reviews, considering buying it to replace my Fitness Reality rack now

Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
3418 posts
1443 upvotes
Brampton
damn, I want one. good thing it doesn't fit in my current gym space Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes