Hot Deals

[Treadmill Factory] IRONAX XP1 Power Rack / OB-85 / 255 lbs Steel Plate Set - $999

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2021 11:46 am
[OP]
Jan 3, 2018
21 posts
33 upvotes
Markham

IRONAX XP1 Power Rack / OB-85 / 255 lbs Steel Plate Set - $999

Deal Link:
Price:
$999
Savings:
$900
Retailer:
Treadmill Factory
I've been waiting for this to come in stock for a bit.
This looks like a great deal for me as these days just the plate set would cost over $630 with a going rate of $2.50/pound.

The rack is listed on their site for $399 and is rated at 700 lbs. Barbell is $169 on the site too.

Shipping to Markham would cost $256.47 but if your vehicle can handle the 7' length you can pickup in store.
20 replies
Aug 21, 2013
210 posts
200 upvotes
Kitchener
No specs on the thickness of steel, no specs on the up right dimensions (they definitely aren't 3x3, they might be 2.5x2.5 but probably are 2x2)
No specs on max weight. Yeah it's probably fine for 250lb but how much more?
It's 87" high which is decent for a cheap rack, it's normally sufficient for people 6ft and under, if you're taller I'd consider what your fully stretched height is for pull ups and should press (if you do that in the rack)

I'd only get a rack like this if your planning to not use it after covid, you will out grow it quickly and it will have little resale value.
Apr 9, 2018
179 posts
49 upvotes
GTA
I find treadmill factory doesn't give exact specs for many (most) of their products. I feel like its deliberate. I did purchase their fit505 ultra rack, as part of a set like this, some time ago but they had most of the specs for that rack (2.5"x2.5", 1000 lb hook load, 12 gauge steel according to the Q&A). I agree with @KevlarCoated that without specs on load capacity and others e.g. gauge of steel, size of uprights you are taking a chance. That said if you are desperate this is not bad.

Also @bfresh I didn't realize you could pick up? Back in late 2020 this was not an option. I assume this has changed now? I've been meaning to get a couple of things but their shipping/freight kills their deals for me.
Dec 30, 2017
57 posts
44 upvotes
I ordered one. I'm just hoping that TF actually ships them out in February.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2046 posts
715 upvotes
KevlarCoated wrote: No specs on the thickness of steel, no specs on the up right dimensions (they definitely aren't 3x3, they might be 2.5x2.5 but probably are 2x2)
No specs on max weight. Yeah it's probably fine for 250lb but how much more?
It's 87" high which is decent for a cheap rack, it's normally sufficient for people 6ft and under, if you're taller I'd consider what your fully stretched height is for pull ups and should press (if you do that in the rack)

I'd only get a rack like this if your planning to not use it after covid, you will out grow it quickly and it will have little resale value.
Lmao. Let me guess you’re the type of person who also needs a bar rated for 1000lbs.

Also criticizing the height of the rack as a negative? You realize a lot of people are restricted to their ceiling heights? I can’t go higher than 85 inches anyways.

This is a good deal for the average person, who likely won’t be loading the bar up past 275/315 for anything. Irregardless these budget racks and sets are good for 99% of people, especially right now. Unless you have a budget of 3K and want to flex brand name gear like Rogue, it will suffice.
Last edited by mathewvc on Feb 12th, 2021 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 9, 2018
179 posts
49 upvotes
GTA
Didn't realize they had all that info. I suppose there's enough there to justify buying. Esp. if you can pickup.
hanbitjsong wrote: Seems like the cage is rated for 700 lbs
Pull up bar to 400
3 1/8 inch 14 gauge uprights
I think it would meet Most home gym needs?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5536 posts
1378 upvotes
hanbitjsong wrote: Seems like the cage is rated for 700 lbs
Pull up bar to 400
3 1/8 inch 14 gauge uprights
I think it would meet Most home gym needs?
The uprights wouldn't be 3 1/8", that's the hardware itself (bolts, I assume). Given the cost of the rack I would guess they are 2x2 but obviously just speculating.
Nov 24, 2006
445 posts
227 upvotes
london
game_fanatic wrote: The uprights wouldn't be 3 1/8", that's the hardware itself (bolts, I assume). Given the cost of the rack I would guess they are 2x2 but obviously just speculating.
Most definitely be 2x2", 14 gague steel at this price point
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5536 posts
1378 upvotes
shaolin_x wrote: Most definitely be 2x2", 14 gague steel at this price point
Yeah I would agree...did you end up building your Northern Lights rack??
Dec 5, 2011
10 posts
8 upvotes
North york
game_fanatic wrote: The uprights wouldn't be 3 1/8", that's the hardware itself (bolts, I assume). Given the cost of the rack I would guess they are 2x2 but obviously just speculating.
Thanks for clarifying. I was a bit confused by the 3 1/8 myself, as I haven't come across uprights at that dimension lol
And photos definitely didn't seem like a 3x3 frame. Post corrected Ok Hand Sign
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
1125 posts
529 upvotes
Pretty good deal considering covid.

Pullies included in this price would the icing on top.

I think the top part can be flipped for those with low ceilings.
Nov 24, 2006
445 posts
227 upvotes
london
game_fanatic wrote:
Yeah I would agree...did you end up building your Northern Lights rack??
I'm trying to save on shipping cost so t waiting for a couple components to be in stock locally before pulling the trigger.
Nov 24, 2006
445 posts
227 upvotes
london
game_fanatic wrote: Yeah I would agree...did you end up building your Northern Lights rack??
Pick it up beginning of the week. Simple to set up and built like a tank. My set up which included a dip attachment and band peg came to just over $1000 taxes included which is a decent value for the quality and versatility this rig gives you. This is essentially a Rogue ML-3 clone
Feb 20, 2006
286 posts
181 upvotes
hanbitjsong wrote: As per the product page (separate from thr bundle)

https://www.treadmillfactory.ca/ironax-xp1-power-rack

Seems like the cage is rated for 700 lbs
Pull up bar to 400
3 1/8 inch 14 gauge
I think it would meet Most home gym needs
for those for whatever reason need 3x3x11Ga can go for this one instead

https://www.treadmillfactory.ca/infinit ... teel-combo
https://www.fitnessavenue.ca/amstaff-fi ... r-rack-2-0

I would assume 700lbs is more than enough for most people. If you are squatting 700lbs plus then sure a higher capacity rack is needed.
Last edited by hchai on Feb 24th, 2021 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 20, 2006
286 posts
181 upvotes
shaolin_x wrote: Pick it up beginning of the week. Simple to set up and built like a tank. My set up which included a dip attachment and band peg came to just over $1000 taxes included which is a decent value for the quality and versatility this rig gives you. This is essentially a Rogue ML-3 clone
do you plan to bolt it down? I assume it is not flat footed.
May 3, 2017
119 posts
41 upvotes
Dam I saw this post and thought this was available. Realized it was from almost two weeks ago Crying Face
Nov 24, 2006
445 posts
227 upvotes
london
hchai wrote: for those for whatever reason need 3x3x11Ga can go for this one instead

I would assume 700lbs is more than enough for most people. If you are squatting 700lbs plus then sure a higher capacity rack is needed.
The two links you provided for the 3"x3", 11 gauge options are decently priced however shipping cost are the deal breaker. Fitness Avenue quoted just under $400 for shipping... brutal. I was lucky enough to pick up my CrossBox rig locally and save a ton on shipping
May 31, 2017
71 posts
53 upvotes
hchai wrote: for those for whatever reason need 3x3x11Ga can go for this one instead

I bought this combo from Treadmill Factory at the beginning of January and have nothing but good things to say. My reasoning for buying this instead of the cheap Wal-Mart rack was that I don't want to go back to the gym once they open back up and I know those cheaper racks leave a little to be desired. This rack is sturdy as hell, highly recommend.