Pre-sale: 5-30lb XM Fitness Dumbbell Set (includes rack) - $399.99

Deal Link:
Price:
$399.99
Savings:
30% off
Retailer:
Treadmill Factory
I have been searching for a good set of dumbbells since my gym closed and have yet to find anything that isn't back-ordered. I saw this set pop up with an expected delivery date of late July to early August.

Includes:
  • 6 pairs of dumbbells (5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 lb)
  • Vertical rack with black powder-coated frame
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5119 posts
2968 upvotes
Nah, my building gym is about to open now. Y'all had your chance and I've already collected enough weights at home.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1458 posts
3413 upvotes
MyNameWasTaken wrote: Nah, my building gym is about to open now. Y'all had your chance and I've already collected enough weights at home.
Are you so narcissistic that you think this post was made DIRECTLY to you? lol. Good lord, who cares what your personal situation is.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5119 posts
2968 upvotes
MikoWilson wrote: Are you so narcissistic that you think this post was made DIRECTLY to you? lol. Good lord, who cares what your personal situation is.
I made a comment that it's not worth it anymore. You and everyone else are free to waste money on this. If that makes me narcissistic then so be it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5268 posts
7153 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Shipping to BC is in picture

"Arm and leg emoji here"
Images
  • Screenshot_20200703-100530_Chrome.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6240 posts
2516 upvotes
MyNameWasTaken wrote: I made a comment that it's not worth it anymore. You and everyone else are free to waste money on this. If that makes me narcissistic then so be it.
Gyms are still closed in ON, how would this be a waste?

Pretty solid deal, a dumbbell rack is about $100 or so, $200 for 205lbs of weights is pretty good!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5119 posts
2968 upvotes
game_fanatic wrote: Gyms are still closed in ON, how would this be a waste?

Pretty solid deal, a dumbbell rack is about $100 or so, $200 for 205lbs of weights is pretty good!
I don't see much point in getting 5, 10, 15 weights. The only ones worth it would be the 20-30lbs (and even then a pair of 25 would be decent enough). I'd rather invest in some resistance bands, a pull-up bar, and outside strength conditioning since the weather is nice. Don't care much about the rack. I personally don't see the value in spending that much for what they are offering.
Mar 25, 2011
156 posts
93 upvotes
Kitchener
MyNameWasTaken wrote: Nah, my building gym is about to open now. Y'all had your chance and I've already collected enough weights at home.
Nah, quarantine showed me how much better a home gym is. But these are a little pricey.
Mar 25, 2011
156 posts
93 upvotes
Kitchener
MyNameWasTaken wrote: I don't see much point in getting 5, 10, 15 weights. The only ones worth it would be the 20-30lbs (and even then a pair of 25 would be decent enough). I'd rather invest in some resistance bands, a pull-up bar, and outside strength conditioning since the weather is nice. Don't care much about the rack. I personally don't see the value in spending that much for what they are offering.
Those low weights are pretty crucial for bodybuilding. Delts esepecially
Nov 29, 2010
205 posts
125 upvotes
Fax. At home gyms are far superior. Save money in the long-run, the convenience and the time saved from the commute. I can finally workout twice a day!
Dec 31, 2006
746 posts
166 upvotes
I swapped over to these a couple years ago. I didn't want to buy so many different weights. Base set goes to 50lbs only but you can expand all the way up to 90lbs

https://powerblock.com/product/sport/

Just a thought.
Jul 2, 2014
491 posts
168 upvotes
Maple, ON
The only thing I miss about going to the gym is that I can drop weights onto the floor without caring about damage. But that is one small sacrifice one can make to own a home gym because now you don't have to spend 15-20 minutes to drive to the gym, another 15-20 minutes to drive back home.

At the same time, it's also nice to people watch at the gym between sets to see where certain people are progressing in their routines.

That's why I have both a gym membership and a home gym. All weights are crucial. It's not about how much weights you can lift if you are bodybuilding. =)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5119 posts
2968 upvotes
ablok wrote: Those low weights are pretty crucial for bodybuilding. Delts esepecially
I agree that low weights are needed too, but these prices are excessive even at 30% off.
Jan 19, 2007
724 posts
320 upvotes
Toronto
chilli604 wrote: Shipping to BC is in picture

"Arm and leg emoji here"
You think that's bad? Check out what Ikea wanted to charge me for shipping on a shelf...
Images
  • upload.jpg
May 6, 2018
205 posts
210 upvotes
Price is decent, but it’s definitely not a deal.

I wonder what does anyone use 5lb dumbbells for?
Jun 4, 2017
87 posts
142 upvotes
ekinjil wrote: Price is decent, but it’s definitely not a deal.

I wonder what does anyone use 5lb dumbbells for?
For men, 5lbs is a good weight for the often neglected rotator cuff workouts.
May 6, 2018
205 posts
210 upvotes
ray90 wrote: I swapped over to these a couple years ago. I didn't want to buy so many different weights. Base set goes to 50lbs only but you can expand all the way up to 90lbs

https://powerblock.com/product/sport/

Just a thought.
Branded Adjustable Dumbbells are currently out of stock everywhere.

Some stores take pre-orders but it would take 2 months minimal to fulfill.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)