• Nov 23rd, 2020 1:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
3792 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto

Treadmill Lubricant

We have 3 year old Freemotion treadmill that we bought at Costco. Was used very occasional for the last 2.5 years.

However, as of 4 months ago, I started working out everyday on it and it's now making a lot of speaking noises.

Any suggestion the best way to lubricate and which product to buy? Am OK buying in the US as we will be there next week.

Thanks!
5 replies
Nov 30, 2015
388 posts
190 upvotes
GTA, ON
I used Lube N Walk from Amazon.ca

My belt was not squeaking or noisy but after many years of non-use I decided to lubricate the underside of the belt and board. Seems to run fine for me.
Jul 23, 2015
788 posts
568 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Any silicone lube should work fine? Like jig a loo or 3 in 1...just make sure it's silicone and definitely not belt dressing spray.
Dec 25, 2006
565 posts
418 upvotes
Winnipeg
cessnabmw wrote: We have 3 year old Freemotion treadmill that we bought at Costco. Was used very occasional for the last 2.5 years.

However, as of 4 months ago, I started working out everyday on it and it's now making a lot of speaking noises.

Any suggestion the best way to lubricate and which product to buy? Am OK buying in the US as we will be there next week.

Thanks!
Do you know if it's the belt making the noise? Part of the adjustable height mechanism? I've got a freemotion and the height adjustment pivots squeak like crazy on mine unless I give them a quick shot of wd40 every week or so.....
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12084 posts
6974 upvotes
Markham
warpdwhim wrote: Do you know if it's the belt making the noise? Part of the adjustable height mechanism? I've got a freemotion and the height adjustment pivots squeak like crazy on mine unless I give them a quick shot of wd40 every week or so.....
Bumping this thread....any recommendation for treadmill lubericant - what and where to buy?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Dec 25, 2006
565 posts
418 upvotes
Winnipeg
gr8dlr wrote: Bumping this thread....any recommendation for treadmill lubericant - what and where to buy?
I returned the treadmill - got tired of the constant problems with it. Thankfully I bought it from Costco.
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.