Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1742 posts
1047 upvotes
GTA

Tree Removal

So, after my sh*tshow nightmare with the City of Markham with my house build, I'm now being sued for "possibly" causing potential FUTURE damage to a massive Norway Spruce in my rear yard.

My arborist says it's fine, City feels it might not be so they've issued me a summons. I can remove it immediately (oh, it's only like 500 feet tall) but finding a tree removal company for under $2700 is a task.

Anyone have any recommendations for a low cost tree removal company by chance?
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
40 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
3234 posts
2079 upvotes
Markham
loriblum wrote: So, after my sh*tshow nightmare with the City of Markham with my house build, I'm now being sued for "possibly" causing potential FUTURE damage to a massive Norway Spruce in my rear yard.

My arborist says it's fine, City feels it might not be so they've issued me a summons. I can remove it immediately (oh, it's only like 500 feet tall) but finding a tree removal company for under $2700 is a task.

Anyone have any recommendations for a low cost tree removal company by chance?
500 ft tall....150m. That is longer than a soccer field.
Good luck finding a company (insured) that will do it for so little money.

5 years ago, I had to remove a tree that was 2 story high (21 feet). That costed me $1500.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1742 posts
1047 upvotes
GTA
BDSL wrote: 500 ft tall....150m. That is longer than a soccer field.
Good luck finding a company (insured) that will do it for so little money.

5 years ago, I had to remove a tree that was 2 story high (21 feet). That costed me $1500.
Lol I wasn't serious. I just exaggerated for the impact ;)

Super tall tree. Like, huge.
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
5744 posts
3089 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
loriblum wrote: Lol I wasn't serious. I just exaggerated for the impact ;)

I get exaggerating for emphasis on a story but when you’re looking for reliable/accurate pricing information it’s probably a better strategy to stick with correct information. Clearly with tree removal the height will play a huge factor.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3670 posts
1205 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
ChicoQuente wrote: I get exaggerating for emphasis on a story but when you’re looking for reliable/accurate pricing information it’s probably a better strategy to stick with correct information. Clearly with tree removal the height will play a huge factor.
I guess he's an award winning realtor for a reason.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
3234 posts
2079 upvotes
Markham
loriblum wrote: Lol I wasn't serious. I just exaggerated for the impact ;)

What is huge? To some people, 6 inch is huge. To some, 10 inch.
Is this tree 2 story high? 1 story high? Tree trunk diameter?

A few years ago, a colleague asked me the same question because she had a "huge" tree she wants to remove. She wanted to hire a tree removal company and asked me how much I was charged for mine. When I told her it costed me $1500, she was shocked. It turned out that she had a skinny tall tree. Trunk was 4" diameter and tree was 10 feet tall. All she needed was a hand saw and a few hours of her time...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1742 posts
1047 upvotes
GTA
Ok ok... I was being lazy. Here are the measurements:

12m x 66cm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1742 posts
1047 upvotes
GTA
EnyCe wrote:
I guess he's an award winning realtor for a reason.
Troll much? Go find a job bud.

And I'm a "she". An Award Winning She.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
3234 posts
2079 upvotes
Markham
I used Stouffville Tree Service.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8038 posts
9011 upvotes
Montréal
loriblum wrote: Troll much? Go find a job bud.

And I'm a "she". An Award Winning She.
Maybe a "She" but for sure not an award winning She for this thread. Confirmed by all Members who took their time to read and try to help.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
9959 posts
4242 upvotes
Vaughan
DoorCrasher wrote: Maybe a "She" but for sure not an award winning She for this thread. Confirmed by all Members who took their time to read and try to help.
Yup, just down voted. She asked for helps without much info.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1742 posts
1047 upvotes
GTA
DoorCrasher wrote: Maybe a "She" but for sure not an award winning She for this thread. Confirmed by all Members who took their time to read and try to help.

Right. Thanks for the input.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1742 posts
1047 upvotes
GTA
teoconca wrote: Yup, just down voted. She asked for helps without much info.
Countered you with an upvote ;)

The info was posted, btw.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8038 posts
9011 upvotes
Montréal
loriblum wrote: Right. Thanks for the input.
My pleasure. I try to help with lot of infos and the best that I can. Face Throwing A Kiss🤭
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1742 posts
1047 upvotes
GTA
DoorCrasher wrote: My pleasure. I try to help with lot of infos and the best that I can. Face Throwing A Kiss🤭
You literally offered nothing.

xoxo
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
9959 posts
4242 upvotes
Vaughan
loriblum wrote: Countered you with an upvote ;)

The info was posted, btw.
Thanks for theupvote!
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2019
1993 posts
1723 upvotes
GTA
loriblum wrote: Ok ok... I was being lazy. Here are the measurements:

12m x 66cm
Ok, so we have a standard to go off of now, your price of $2700 seems reasonable for the work required, I assume that includes stump grinding as well.... Moving on to the other part....
loriblum wrote: So, after my sh*tshow nightmare with the City of Markham with my house build, I'm now being sued for "possibly" causing potential FUTURE damage to a massive Norway Spruce in my rear yard.

Why are you being sued? Did you excavate in a tree protection zone or otherwise damage roots?

I also don't understand the "I can remove it immediately" part of this. To remove a tree of that size, and as per Markham laws you need a permit and would be required to plant a number of trees in its place or pay the City cash in lieu so they can plant trees. This could be as expensive as the $2700 depending on what the requirements are. As part of your new build, did you do landscaping and plant any new trees?

If your arborist said it was not damaged, than that is a professional opinion you can rely on. Have they put it in writing?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8038 posts
9011 upvotes
Montréal
loriblum wrote: You literally offered nothing.

xoxo
Really? I tried real hard. Just like you did in post #1 of this thread Winking Face

Gave my Hundred Points Symbol%
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1742 posts
1047 upvotes
GTA
DoorCrasher wrote: Really? I tried real hard. Just like you did in post #1 of this thread Winking Face

Gave my Hundred Points Symbol%
Lol that was a good one actually
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3307 posts
1916 upvotes
Mississauga
I dont get this..
If the arborist said the tree is fine (I assume healthy) then what counter info does the city have to dispute this fact?

Do you have the arborist report stating their inspection?