• Oct 11th, 2019 12:54 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes

Tree trimming service

Hi,

Just wonder if anyone here used some tree trimming services in GTA and has a recommendation. I have some huge trees around the house and could use some trimming. They are very tall (over 2 stories tall) so even with my extended tree trimming powered saw, I can only reach the bottom branches.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
your prob looking at at around 800-1000 per tree for trimming
😃
Sep 30, 2015
35 posts
10 upvotes
Ashburn, ON
If you are on the east side, Durham, I recommend Cross Brothers Tree Service. Always the best quote. The only guy I use.
I just had three 40ft spruce trees removed. Uxbridge Tree Service wanted $1500. Cross $800. Excellent work, no complaints.
I'm still on the turnip truck
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
3759 posts
1396 upvotes
Ancaster
My buddy just used Davey Tree Service at a house he just purchased. They removed two large overgrown trees that were dying. They also pruned and deep-root fertilized another tree that recommended my buddy save.

He said they were efficient and did a good job.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
We recently had to get two 50' tall evergreens removed because one fell over on the other (roots ripped right out of the ground in a windstorm), and was in danger of bringing down both.

We got 3 estimates to take down, cut up and remove:

- $4500 from a big franchise operation
- $3200 from a guy-with-a-chainsaw off Craigslist who said "don't worry, we can figure out how to get insurance to pay for most of it if we fib a little"
- $2000 from a smaller local firm who had a good reputation

We went with the $2000 guys, and they actually charged us $2300 because their truck wasn't big enough to haul it all away in one visit.

We've had other local guys do some tree trimming for us in the past for much less money, but either they had retired or they said this job was too big for them.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
Scote64 wrote: We recently had to get two 50' tall evergreens removed because one fell over on the other (roots ripped right out of the ground in a windstorm), and was in danger of bringing down both.

We got 3 estimates to take down, cut up and remove:

- $4500 from a big franchise operation
- $3200 from a guy-with-a-chainsaw off Craigslist who said "don't worry, we can figure out how to get insurance to pay for most of it if we fib a little"
- $2000 from a smaller local firm who had a good reputation

We went with the $2000 guys, and they actually charged us $2300 because their truck wasn't big enough to haul it all away in one visit.

We've had other local guys do some tree trimming for us in the past for much less money, but either they had retired or they said this job was too big for them.
Can you pm the name of the smaller local firm? Thanks
😃
May 13, 2010
16 posts
3 upvotes
Hi WilliamRaft,
Would you please PM me the # for Cross Bros.

Thank You