Price:
$63
Savings:
50% off
Expiry:
August 13, 2021
Retailer:
TrekPow
Looks like an even better starter is on sale, if you missed the last one. The coupon code on the page is TKW2500 for 50% off.

I DEFINITELY bought the other one posted before; and I'm happy to say I used it within a week of buying on my Expedition. It makes some wicked sparking but started it FIRST TIME. I also used it to charge my phone while camping... worth it, and absolutely recommend it. Say what you want about Chinese brands but this became a piece of my road kit!

amazon-ca-g22-car-jump-starter-1500a-pe ... n-2403580/
20 replies
Mar 6, 2006
452 posts
109 upvotes
Kelowna
I don’t think this one has 12v accessories outlet.
[OP]
Nov 21, 2018
404 posts
569 upvotes
Mission, BC
weekendwally wrote: I don’t think this one has 12v accessories outlet.
oooh you're right, maybe that's why it's a better price point. I can't say I've used mine, just the USB so far - I wonder how long it would run my pump for the inflatable kayak :)
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3389 posts
272 upvotes
Calgary
does the lipo blow up after years of use?
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
2024 posts
367 upvotes
Vancouver
I actually have this model. Bought it about a year ago, during black friday sale on Amazon.ca for about $89.
Used it to help my neighbor's Misubishi Spyder and worked. This spring I tried it on my 2001 Honda Civic because the car hadn't been used much during COVID, and did not work even when the device was fully charged. That was very disappointing. Tested the voltage of the battery in the civid and it was 11.7v. Trekpow advertising say can start a dead battery even at 0V. Tried it on my BMW 540i with a 10 year old battery that is on the way out. Battery was 12.1V, Fully charged the Trekpow but it did not start the beemer. Disappointing. I am 1/3. Don't like that number. :0(

Had a choice of getting the Trekpow or the Gooloo back then, but went with Trekpow because it came with a carrying case.
Kinda regret not getting the Gooloo. My experience.
Nov 12, 2017
136 posts
364 upvotes
Still waiting for the Audew to become available again in Canada.
Jul 27, 2011
64 posts
48 upvotes
OTTAWA SOUTH
I have both the Trekpow (2500A) and the Gooloo (800A), both have worked flawlessly on everything I have thrown at them. Don't remember the specific vehicle and which charger but have both cables and these chargers in both my vehicles and they haven't let me down yet. Gooloo is about 3 years old and Trekpow about 1 year old. I take them out every 3 months or after any use and charge them up and put them back. My neighbors and friends all own some variant of these now after using mine and I haven't heard anything negative. From what I can remember, I have used these on the following vehicles:

2012 Hyundai Elantra - dead battery, minus 20 outside
2016 Kia Sportage
2007 Ford F150 5.4L - bad alternator
2004 Honda Civic
2015 Ford Mustang 5L - after a year of storage
2016 Nissan Titan
20XX BMW 3 series
old lawn tractor and
few other vehicles in random parking lots
[OP]
Nov 21, 2018
404 posts
569 upvotes
Mission, BC
RobHunt wrote: I have both the Trekpow (2500A) and the Gooloo (800A), both have worked flawlessly on everything I have thrown at them. Don't remember the specific vehicle and which charger but have both cables and these chargers in both my vehicles and they haven't let me down yet. Gooloo is about 3 years old and Trekpow about 1 year old. I take them out every 3 months or after any use and charge them up and put them back. My neighbors and friends all own some variant of these now after using mine and I haven't heard anything negative. From what I can remember, I have used these on the following vehicles:

2012 Hyundai Elantra - dead battery, minus 20 outside
2016 Kia Sportage
2007 Ford F150 5.4L - bad alternator
2004 Honda Civic
2015 Ford Mustang 5L - after a year of storage
2016 Nissan Titan
20XX BMW 3 series
old lawn tractor and
few other vehicles in random parking lots
So here's my big question because of others having experiences of them being dead or not working - is every three months recommended? Should it be stored with ~50% charge in the off season like other types of lithium batteries?
Aug 23, 2001
422 posts
525 upvotes
NS
BoombasticSloth wrote: I actually have this model. Bought it about a year ago, during black friday sale on Amazon.ca for about $89.
Used it to help my neighbor's Misubishi Spyder and worked. This spring I tried it on my 2001 Honda Civic because the car hadn't been used much during COVID, and did not work even when the device was fully charged. That was very disappointing. Tested the voltage of the battery in the civid and it was 11.7v. Trekpow advertising say can start a dead battery even at 0V. Tried it on my BMW 540i with a 10 year old battery that is on the way out. Battery was 12.1V, Fully charged the Trekpow but it did not start the beemer. Disappointing. I am 1/3. Don't like that number. :0(

Had a choice of getting the Trekpow or the Gooloo back then, but went with Trekpow because it came with a carrying case.
Kinda regret not getting the Gooloo. My experience.
Did you try pressing the little "force start" button on the plastic box attached to the cable clamps?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
2024 posts
367 upvotes
Vancouver
Mailliw wrote: Did you try pressing the little "force start" button on the plastic box attached to the cable clamps?
Yes, I did use the "force start" button as well. Also when I used it on my 1.7L civic and the 4.4L Beemer, I fully charged the 2500A before using. I was unlucky.
Perhaps, I got a dud?. RobHunt has had good experience with his.
Like I said, this was with my experience.

Project Farm did a youtube video with various jumpstart packs and the gooloo was the one to get. I should have gotten the gooloo. Like it said, the tipping point was the case, which gooloo was selling for another $20. It used to be included with the gooloo units in the past. Now gooloo includes a cheapo case. Also, must take into consideration the great amazon reviews gooloo units have had.

Again, I have nothing against Trekpow. I really don't. I was really shocked when it did not start the little 1.7L civic when the battery was about 11.7v.
[OP]
Nov 21, 2018
404 posts
569 upvotes
Mission, BC
BoombasticSloth wrote: Yes, I did use the "force start" button as well. Also when I used it on my 1.7L civic and the 4.4L Beemer, I fully charged the 2500A before using. I was unlucky.
Perhaps, I got a dud?. RobHunt has had good experience with his.
Like I said, this was with my experience.

Project Farm did a youtube video with various jumpstart packs and the gooloo was the one to get. I should have gotten the gooloo. Like it said, the tipping point was the case, which gooloo was selling for another $20. It used to be included with the gooloo units in the past. Now gooloo includes a cheapo case. Also, must take into consideration the great amazon reviews gooloo units have had.

Again, I have nothing against Trekpow. I really don't. I was really shocked when it did not start the little 1.7L civic when the battery was about 11.7v.
That's a pain. It was a toss up for me for prices, I'm glad I got it and glad it had the case too - but if it doesn't work when I need it then it defeats the purpose. I still am wondering about the keeping it fully charged (like RobHunt mentioned every three months) vs keeping it maybe half charged for long term storage. I had just charged it fully within the previous week when I used it on my 3.5L ecoboost, hard to judge what it will be like long term yet.
Mar 6, 2006
452 posts
109 upvotes
Kelowna
BrendanC wrote: oooh you're right, maybe that's why it's a better price point. I can't say I've used mine, just the USB so far - I wonder how long it would run my pump for the inflatable kayak :)
I tried my SUP pump from iRocker, on the Motomaster 1200A and the booster pack died instantly. Wouldn't turn on again. I took it back to Canadian Tire. Bought the G22 1500A from TrekPow, but am scared to try it! Might put in an external fuse before I do. I think the inrush current for the pump is too much for these. I might build a limiting circuit to do a slow startup, would tax the pump though.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
2024 posts
367 upvotes
Vancouver
BrendanC wrote: That's a pain. It was a toss up for me for prices, I'm glad I got it and glad it had the case too - but if it doesn't work when I need it then it defeats the purpose. I still am wondering about the keeping it fully charged (like RobHunt mentioned every three months) vs keeping it maybe half charged for long term storage. I had just charged it fully within the previous week when I used it on my 3.5L ecoboost, hard to judge what it will be like long term yet.
You nailed it BrendanC. I need to know that the Battery starter pack is going to be RELIABLE.....that is the most important factor to consider with these devices. The interesting thing is the TrekPow was in storage for 3 or so months and only had 3/4 lit bars on the unit's meter. But It did successfully start my neighbors Mitsubishi Spyder on the first try, without pressing the "force start" button.
Jan 5, 2020
92 posts
97 upvotes
I'd stay away for any jump starter with the low voltage protection on the jumpers. They never work when you REALLY need them. The higher amperage noco boost jumpers are much better in my opinion.
Jul 27, 2011
64 posts
48 upvotes
OTTAWA SOUTH
BrendanC wrote: So here's my big question because of others having experiences of them being dead or not working - is every three months recommended? Should it be stored with ~50% charge in the off season like other types of lithium batteries?
Honestly, not sure. I just routinely top it off every 3 months or after each use (I set a calendar reminder on my phone to do so). I don't have an off season period to judge storage, these just sit in my trunk in their respective cases until I need them (through all 4 seasons). It seems that experiences may vary on these items, some have good luck and some do not, cheap materials I am sure. The Trekpow has more power so I keep it in my daily driver, the Gooloo is less power so I keep it in my wife's car. Each time I use either one, I pull out the instructions and follow them to the letter, this way I am certain I am doing it right. I also find these handy during power outages to keep our phones and such charged, it is not frequent but handy when you need it.
Jul 27, 2011
64 posts
48 upvotes
OTTAWA SOUTH
weekendwally wrote: I tried my SUP pump from iRocker, on the Motomaster 1200A and the booster pack died instantly. Wouldn't turn on again. I took it back to Canadian Tire. Bought the G22 1500A from TrekPow, but am scared to try it! Might put in an external fuse before I do. I think the inrush current for the pump is too much for these. I might build a limiting circuit to do a slow startup, would tax the pump though.
I haven't tried a pump yet. I have the 12V adapter for the Gooloo but never needed to use it with my 12V inflator as I never had a dead battery and a flat at the same time. It might be unethical but I'd probably try it and if it toasts the unit, just return it.

I have a portable battery powered inflator that is part of the Ryobi 18V system (that I already have) and it works great on whatever I have used it on. Cheap, easy and affordable (as I already have a bunch of batteries) but I am not sure it would compare to the iRocker SUP.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... ?rrec=true
Jan 3, 2013
27 posts
12 upvotes
code TKW2500 only giving me 15% discount for some reason
Mar 6, 2006
452 posts
109 upvotes
Kelowna
RobHunt wrote: I haven't tried a pump yet. I have the 12V adapter for the Gooloo but never needed to use it with my 12V inflator as I never had a dead battery and a flat at the same time. It might be unethical but I'd probably try it and if it toasts the unit, just return it.

I have a portable battery powered inflator that is part of the Ryobi 18V system (that I already have) and it works great on whatever I have used it on. Cheap, easy and affordable (as I already have a bunch of batteries) but I am not sure it would compare to the iRocker SUP.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... ?rrec=true
Yes I have one of those Ryobi inflators as well, just won't give the high pressure for the SUP. I did try the TrekPow with the iRocker SUP pump and it worked! Although with a full charge the TrekPow puts out 16.8V and causes the iRocker to self protect. A slightly reduced charge and then it worked fine.