Credit Cards

Triangle MasterCard - 4% cash back at part source?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2021 6:42 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 5, 2017
465 posts
239 upvotes

Triangle MasterCard - 4% cash back at part source?

I didn't want to ask this in the main thread, at least that I could find via search as it's all about their bill payment options. But has anyone purchased from part source, are they a 4% partner?
6 replies
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14072 posts
11726 upvotes
Not Leask
pawprints86 wrote: I didn't want to ask this in the main thread, at least that I could find via search as it's all about their bill payment options. But has anyone purchased from part source, are they a 4% partner?
You mean these guys? I saw no mention of them being a partner store for Triangle CC accelerator. Best to ask in the main thread because a lot of users follow it and actively post in the CTFS MC threads.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
[OP]
Sep 5, 2017
465 posts
239 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: You mean these guys? I saw no mention of them being a partner store for Triangle CC accelerator. Best to ask in the main thread because a lot of users follow it and actively post in the CTFS MC threads.
Yep, I know they're part of the Canadian tire chain, just not sure on the 4% part
Apr 15, 2018
101 posts
99 upvotes
Ottawa
remember that's not really 4% either.

It's 4% pre tax. In Ontario at least that ends up being more like 3.5%. Still a decent rate, I just get a bit annoyed they try to claim 4% when it isn't
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3877 posts
1124 upvotes
I think so, but no personal experience.

Historically it always was eligible for the accelerator, but when they revamped as Triangle it was dropped from the list. But they also don't show on the list as an eligible store for the credit card financing, and I know for a fact they offer that.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7878 posts
8181 upvotes
The Prairies
Kiraly wrote: Take one for the team OP, let us know how it turns out!
I was going to do this when my battery crapped out over this past brutally cold weekend, but I was able to get a battery at Costco for $40 less, so that's out!
My car parts I get from Rock Auto much cheaper than any place in Canada, so I don't see myself trying again in the near future.