• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2019 9:04 am
[OP]
Oct 9, 2011
686 posts
268 upvotes
GTA

Triangle World Elite Mastercard / Roadside Assistance

Does anyone have an experience so far with the Triangle World Elite Mastercard?

My CAA membership is coming up for renewal and I don't want to pay the $114 renewal fee but understand the Triangle World Elite Mastercard comes with their Gold roadside assistance for free. I'm thinking this would be a good replacement for given I don't use many of the dining/hotel benefits of the CAA program.
1 x Zoomer Wireless $36 loyalty plans - 4 GB of data!
5 x Freedom Mobile plans
Ecobee 3 Lite courtesy of Green On (ie tax payers)
17 replies
Sep 11, 2011
497 posts
128 upvotes
Alberta
Did the switch end of last year. Had to use the included roadside with the Triangle WE for a blown tire and the response/experience was pretty much identical to anytime I've had to use CAA(AMA) so yeah, I recommend it.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10330 posts
9512 upvotes
Oakville
I have it. No issues. Use it for CT/Husky gas and CT/Sportcheck purchases. Also use it to get points by paying bills/taxes with it. The free road service was a bonus and I haven't used it yet.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8297 posts
5740 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Technically, I have CT Roadside Assistance as a CT VIP Member. Getting it FREE from CT *
But I haven’t really paid much attention or used it... as I am a long-standing CAA Member.

We enjoy CAA for a variety of reasons... including the fact that the roadside assistance is North America wide (sister to AAA) as living close to the border, we are in the USA quite a bit.

Not sure how CT’s Program works in America... who is their Partner there ?

Very Happy with our CAA Membership ... the times we’ve used the Roadside Assistance have been quick & Easy... including once needing a NEW Battery, not just a boost. Got it delivered & installed, as well as at a DISCOUNTED price, and like everything else I buy using my CAA Membership... got CAA Rewards Dollars on its Purchase. Not bad considering when you have a dead battery, you tend to be at the mercy of the situation... I did not feel that way with CAA.

CAA Membership also gives me Passport Photos at a DISCOUNT, trip planning help, along with Travel & Travel Medical Insurance (also at a Discount ... and an Annual Policy).

We also use our CAA Membership for discounts at Hotels, various Retailers & Restaurants for Discounts or CAA Dollars.

One of the greatest of which is CAA’s Partnership with both The Bay & Petro Canada... anytime you shop at either of those Cdn Retailers, you Earn CAA Points as well... Points in their own Loyalty Programs. Then at the end of the year... I Convert / Transfer those CAA Points into my CAA Account as CAA Dollars, to put towards my Annual CAA Membership. Have not paid the full Renewal Rate on my CAA Membership for man6 years now.

* So I guess the big advantage to CT Roadside Assistance is getting it for FREE. But I still question how much that FREE is actually worth to me, Hence i have stuck with CAA cuz it offers me so much more in true value / money in my pocket on stuff I truly use & need
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
10708 posts
1739 upvotes
thres also hometrust visa with cashback
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping
Apr 13, 2010
478 posts
197 upvotes
Loyalist, ON
Full terms are here: http://canadiantire.scene7.com/is/conte ... E_FINALpdf

Keep in mind the card comes with the Gold membership.

Highlights:
  • 5 service calls per year, with a max towing distance of 250km on each service call (extra charge for going further)
  • You decide whether your membership applies to the cardholder only (regardless of which car you're driving) or to only one vehicle (regardless of who's driving it).
  • They do provide service in the US. They don't use only one towing company, but I don't think they do in Canada either: "Canadian Tire Roadside Assistance will work with our network of Service Providers to arrange for a towing service"
  • Towing to a Canadian Tire store doesn't count toward your yearly limit of 5 service calls. I don't recommend actually using Canadian Tire's auto services, but it'll get you off the road if that's your primary objective and you think you can fix the issue yourself.
Gabe of Gabe's Hacks
Dec 1, 2003
491 posts
102 upvotes
Ottawa
Correct me if otherwise, but it doesn't seem to cover vehicle involved in accident where I believe CAA cover this.

Not covered:
Provide towing or road services applicable to insurance claims
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4326 posts
3428 upvotes
crow wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 11:58 am
Correct me if otherwise, but it doesn't seem to cover vehicle involved in accident where I believe CAA cover this.

Not covered:
Not sure what your quote means exactly, but the website definitely says accident towing is included. Look at the plan comparison chart.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10330 posts
9512 upvotes
Oakville
crow wrote:

Not covered:
I believe that normally your car insurance would cover towing in this case.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8076 posts
2382 upvotes
Toronto
We had CAA. But after getting CT WE MC (free, one each, just right for each car), we didn't renew CAA. Another family member did the same. Recently he needed roadside service, called CT WE's line, and got the service free.

So with CT WE, you don't need CAA. The CAA hotel rate, is just the same as pretty well other hotel discounts, so it doesn't really give you better rate. As for passport photos, even the discounted rate at CAA, is not better than Costco. Anyway, no more need for CAA.
Apr 13, 2010
478 posts
197 upvotes
Loyalist, ON
crow wrote:

Not covered:
You didn't finish the quote. It gives examples:
Provide towing or road services applicable to insurance claims (i.e. vandalism, fire, comprehensive claims, etc.)
As mentioned, it specifically does cover towing from an accident scene. See the "ACCIDENT TOWING" section.

They'll also reimburse you up to $200 if you're in an accident more than 100km from home that disables your car, plus up to $100 to pick up your car after it's repaired (I assume that means taking a taxi or something like that). See the "TRIP ACCIDENT ASSISTANCE" section.
Gabe of Gabe's Hacks
Feb 16, 2003
411 posts
29 upvotes
How do they verify cardholder or vehicle? I used road Assistance which come with my car once and i don't remember they checked anything.

With CT, do they asked for the MC card (Cardholder) or verify VIN (vehicle)?
WTB:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5059 posts
970 upvotes
Mississauga
dpw198 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 9:21 am
Does anyone have an experience so far with the Triangle World Elite Mastercard?

My CAA membership is coming up for renewal and I don't want to pay the $114 renewal fee but understand the Triangle World Elite Mastercard comes with their Gold roadside assistance for free. I'm thinking this would be a good replacement for given I don't use many of the dining/hotel benefits of the CAA program.
when you switch over to the ct we triangle cc, you get free membership from perkopolis so that can make up for the caa shopping/dining benefits...

for example... cineplex tickets...perkopolis is like 4 cents more then the caa cineplex tickets.... so no biggie
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3126 posts
638 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
damnit. the gold auto membership was on sale for $75 this weekend and i decided to finally get it. Wish i'd read RFD first.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28183 posts
1089 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
I still haven't activated this, Must remember to. Not that our car ever has issues *knock on sweet luxurious mahogany*.
PayTM - Redeemed $40
PC Plus Tally & now SDM Opt: $3380 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...