• Oct 1st, 2020 2:31 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 14, 2020
54 posts
61 upvotes

Tridel MRKT

Hi All,

Has anyone taken a look at this project, curious thoughts from this board.

My initial take

Tridel: Great Builder
Location: Downtown, but not prime downtown (decent walk to subway)
Price: Have not seen floor plans or pricing yet

https://www.tridel.com/mrkt/?utm_source ... paign=mrkt

I will most likely stay away unless the pricing and floor plans are unrealistically good.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1216 posts
568 upvotes
Similar thoughts. While Tridel is a decent builder, they always seem to price much higher than the brand warrants (although most of their projects that I recall looking at were not in prime locations, so /sqft pricing was still lower than DT). Location is... ok. but not prime by any measure.

I think this area is prime for revitalization in the next 10-20 years.
techVcondo wrote: Hi All,

Has anyone taken a look at this project, curious thoughts from this board.

My initial take

Tridel: Great Builder
Location: Downtown, but not prime downtown (decent walk to subway)
Price: Have not seen floor plans or pricing yet

https://www.tridel.com/mrkt/?utm_source ... paign=mrkt

I will most likely stay away unless the pricing and floor plans are unrealistically good.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4897 posts
2844 upvotes
Toronto
its definitely a 10 year project. not sure $ 1200sqft is justified for this area
Full-time Realtor
Nov 22, 2009
99 posts
113 upvotes
Vancouver
Floor plans are pretty good! Tridel is a very good builder and their value retains

Prices are high!

Similar to prices at The Well multi complex of retail, office, food market, restaurants, residential ($1200 psf)
Definitely not in the comparable neighbourhood of King West/Entertainment District. This is a gentrification area for sure

Anyone thinking of getting a unit?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
18030 posts
5376 upvotes
Toronto
Tridel is a great builder, and longer term even their older buildings stand great.

My only thing is I'd prefer Tridel for living vs investing because they're typically in the higher end.

That being said, I purchased 3 properties within the last month, so I'm tapped out for now either way....
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Nov 22, 2009
99 posts
113 upvotes
Vancouver
deal_with_singh wrote: Tridel is a great builder, and longer term even their older buildings stand great.

My only thing is I'd prefer Tridel for living vs investing because they're typically in the higher end.

That being said, I purchased 3 properties within the last month, so I'm tapped out for now either way....
OMG! Baller ! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Sep 14, 2020
54 posts
61 upvotes
I am hearing floor plans look good, floor plans look bad.

What are you looking at specifically to make a building have good floor plans?
Nov 22, 2009
99 posts
113 upvotes
Vancouver
techVcondo wrote: I am hearing floor plans look good, floor plans look bad.

What are you looking at specifically to make a building have good floor plans?
Alot of factors, some are:

1. Wasted sq ft space by long, useless hallways: can't use them apart from walking but still paying for the maintenance :)
2. Exposure to natural light. Everyone wants a lot of windows & light.
Anything that has windows in the living room and then internal bedrooms with clear/frosted doors to get light in is bad IMO (hate those)
Reduces the unit's exposure to light, making it dark and appear smaller
3. Random shapes of the rooms like curves or sharp corners where it's hard to place furniture, wasted sq ft and the only thing you can do is put a plant there

Not necessarily "layout" but part of the floor plan: exposure of the unit (South and West facing most popular due to sun exposure) and their views