• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2021 11:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1727 posts
293 upvotes

Trigger home automation w/ Tasker nfc cards

Hi does anyone have experience triggering home automation with Tasker and NFC tags?

I want to scan an NFC tag and have my garage door open, but can't seem to find the proper triggers in tasker or NFC Tools. I am using android but can also use an iphone if shortcuts is able to program it properly.

The best I could find was just having the nfc tag trigger my application: meross garage opener. But I'd still need to physically click it. Is there anything that integrates directly with google home apps?
Zoomer wireless $36/month: 5GB data + 800 minutes
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7593 posts
8187 upvotes
Vancouver
If you can generate a notification, Tasker can trigger on the notification. Unfortunately Tasker can't clear notifications unless it has root access (there's a workaround involving ADB, but it's awkward). The alternative there is to install a helper app like Notification Listener that can clear notifications for Tasker.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23262 posts
4703 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Did a quick google, looks like meross garage opener can be integrated into Google assistant. Perhaps you could use tasker to to trigger Google assistant.

If not, you could use tasker to send a voice command to trigger Google home. haha.

It also looks like you could integrate it into Home Assistant, but that's a complete different beast.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)