Health & Wellness

TrioMed Active Surgical Mask (ASTM Level 3)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2020 4:10 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1805 posts
1156 upvotes
Canada

TrioMed Active Surgical Mask (ASTM Level 3)

Please read the entire post to decide which option is best for ordering

Pouch of 5 ASTM Level 3 Masks
Canadian Made
U of T tests show Canadian-made mask deactivates 99% of SARS-CoV-2 virus https://www.utoronto.ca/news/u-t-tests- ... ov-2-virus
Package Insert: "This product contains iodine. It should not be used by persons with known iodine hypersensitivity"

Well.ca (https://well.ca/products/triomed-active ... 89592.html)
Max package: 2 per order
Price: $7.29 + Tax
Discount: If you are new to Well.ca, sign up for an account/newsletter to receive a 5% discount (use WELL10 until July 31 for $10 discount of order over $40 on your first order)
Shipping: Free shipping for orders over $35 (5 to 7 business days)
Note: Sells out quick, but usually more stock available next day.

Vs.

Official Website (https://i3biomedical.com/product/triome ... ical-mask/)
Max package: 3 per household
Price: $9.99 + Tax
Shipping: Free regardless of order size (3 to 10 business days)

Summary: A saving of 27% (plus another 5% or $10 off if you are new to Well) = 32% off on Well.ca.
Downside is, of course, you have to order a minimum of additional $20.42 for free shipping. Otherwise it would be cheaper to order direct from the official website.

Don't forget to pair the Well.ca order with Rakuten, GCR, Airmiles E-Shop or Aeroplan E-Store for bonus.

PS. I have posted the direct link but the system stripped the URLs off my post for some reason - in any event, you will find the product easily on Well's website.
Last edited by cahk on Jul 22nd, 2020 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
22 replies
Member
Sep 5, 2009
275 posts
132 upvotes
Are these masks like N95s?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2372 posts
5224 upvotes
Markham
If it's too cheap, people shit on it for being unreliable made-in-China masks.

If it's not cheap made-in-China masks, people shit on it for the price not being good.

Can't win.
Jr. Member
Dec 1, 2013
176 posts
72 upvotes
Ottawa
rL wrote: Are these masks like N95s?
No. N95s are respirators. These masks are surgical masks but offer good protection from heavy aersols and fluids. They are often worn during surgical procedures where doctors are operating in environments that are prone to splash or aerosol generation. n95s offer the best filtration. These Level 3 masks are second.
Member
Feb 13, 2015
218 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
FWIW used them at the hospital 2 weeks ago and not very impressed.
Member
Oct 18, 2011
396 posts
625 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Would these provide protection from the fumes produced when spraying anti-weed lawn liquid such as Par3? Or would you need something likena standard gas mask? Thanks in advance.
Member
May 9, 2020
370 posts
1089 upvotes
FallThrough wrote: No. N95s are respirators. These masks are surgical masks but offer good protection from heavy aersols and fluids. They are often worn during surgical procedures where doctors are operating in environments that are prone to splash or aerosol generation. n95s offer the best filtration. These Level 3 masks are second.
These are the masks that deactivate COVID
See here: https://www.utoronto.ca/news/u-t-tests- ... ov-2-virus
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
24738 posts
199486 upvotes
GTA
Well the issue here is that these are overkill for a lot of people. These are the type that I would consider buying if working all day in a public setting (retail, hospital, doctor's office, etc.), but for people who work from home but are just looking to take reasonable precautions while out running errands, these are way too much (both in type and cost).
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 19, 2002
5717 posts
5389 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm shitting on these because as a surgical mask, they won't provide a good facial seal.

It kills on the virus on contact. Great. But the surgical mask allows air to go through the top, bottom and sides.

Given how we know the virus is airborne, these offer a false sense of security for the price.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9189 posts
8438 upvotes
Spinner wrote: I'm shitting on these because as a surgical mask, they won't provide a good facial seal.

It kills on the virus on contact. Great. But the surgical mask allows air to go through the top, bottom and sides.

Given how we know the virus is airborne, these offer a false sense of security for the price.
If you want 100% safe, ask NASA for a space suit.

You have to breath, nothing is 100%.

At this point 100% people wearing face covering is better than 50% wearing N95 masks.

And most place, mask wearing barely hit 30%. Hence the spike last few weeks.

People bitches about lock down and damages to economy. When given recommendation on how to have an economy safely, nobody listens until we have to go back to a lock down again.

If you are moving about indoor, wear anything to cover your nose and mouth, not chin.

If you are moving outdoor, keep 6ft or more from people you don't know.

That will be the new norm until vaccine is common place which at current pace, won't be til 2022.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13035 posts
8280 upvotes
Markham
Xtrema wrote: If you want 100% safe, ask NASA for a space suit.

You have to breath, nothing is 100%.

At this point 100% people wearing face covering is better than 50% wearing N95 masks.

And most place, mask wearing barely hit 30%. Hence the spike last few weeks.

People bitches about lock down and damages to economy. When given recommendation on how to have an economy safely, nobody listens until we have to go back to a lock down again.
You didn't answer his question or statement.

You just said wearing face mask is important which he didn't disagree

Not sure why you need mention 100% which he didn't ask for

I just don't know what you tried to argue with
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 19, 2002
5717 posts
5389 upvotes
Vancouver
Xtrema wrote: If you want 100% safe, ask NASA for a space suit.

You have to breath, nothing is 100%.

At this point 100% people wearing face covering is better than 50% wearing N95 masks.

And most place, mask wearing barely hit 30%. Hence the spike last few weeks.

People bitches about lock down and damages to economy. When given recommendation on how to have an economy safely, nobody listens until we have to go back to a lock down again.
Nobody is looking for 100%.

But I'd rather have 95% filtration efficiency all around, instead of 100% in one direction only. Especially after 200 scientists told us it was airborne.
Member
May 9, 2020
370 posts
1089 upvotes
smartie wrote: What does "deactivate COVID" mean here?
Supposedly "kill" but viruses aren't alive, so they "deactivate"
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
10294 posts
3477 upvotes
If it counts for anything well.ca is a small online non rx pharmacy based out of Guelph.

So your supporting a local Small business at the very least

They carry an excellent selection of unique products. Animal free products vegan products and all natural products that can be hard to find (Albeit many are on amazon these days)
Autocorrect sucks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1805 posts
1156 upvotes
Canada
GangStarr wrote: If it counts for anything well.ca is a small online non rx pharmacy based out of Guelph.

So your supporting a local Small business at the very least

They carry an excellent selection of unique products. Animal free products vegan products and all natural products that can be hard to find (Albeit many are on amazon these days)
Actually Well.ca is Rexall's e-store, which itself belongs to McKesson Canada
https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/rexall-owne ... h-1.933748
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1805 posts
1156 upvotes
Canada
sj2222 wrote: FWIW used them at the hospital 2 weeks ago and not very impressed.
What concerns did you have with the masks?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1805 posts
1156 upvotes
Canada
kevinshalfpenny wrote: Would these provide protection from the fumes produced when spraying anti-weed lawn liquid such as Par3? Or would you need something likena standard gas mask? Thanks in advance.
No face mask (of any grade) will properly filter out gas/fumes - only respirators can do that.
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2018
811 posts
1667 upvotes
Back in stock but I’m passing as I don’t want to buy anything else
Member
Feb 13, 2015
218 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
cahk wrote: What concerns did you have with the masks?
Poor fitting for large faces.

Top