Travel

Trip to Disney world just for one day. Any discount ?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2017 1:46 pm
[OP]
Jan 31, 2016
295 posts
152 upvotes
Ontario

Trip to Disney world just for one day. Any discount ?

Hi,

I'm in Florida right now close to Daytona. Since I'm close to Disney world, I'm just thinking to go there just for one day. All we want to do is look around the park a little bit and tak a popular photo with a Magic kingdom in the background. But then one day pass for two adults is over $200. It seems pretty stiff for couple hours of trip. I've been googling around but I haven't had any luck so far. Does anyone one know about getting discount on a day pass? Let me know thanks.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
2004 posts
444 upvotes
St. Johns
That is probably as cheap as it gets. Disney tickets are a better "value" the more days you add.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2170 posts
969 upvotes
Victoria
ludwig3 wrote: Hi,

I'm in Florida right now close to Daytona. Since I'm close to Disney world, I'm just thinking to go there just for one day. All we want to do is look around the park a little bit and tak a popular photo with a Magic kingdom in the background. But then one day pass for two adults is over $200. It seems pretty stiff for couple hours of trip. I've been googling around but I haven't had any luck so far. Does anyone one know about getting discount on a day pass? Let me know thanks.
Very limited options since they price things to push people to go for longer than a day, and unfortunately they would have no way of making it cheaper for a couple hours so one day is definitely the minimum. Unless you can find something on craigslist or ebay unfortunately you're kind of stuck. Maybe if you live near a Disney Store they'll have passes you can buy a little cheaper than online. I suspect you still wouldn't be thrilled with the price though.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16599 posts
2314 upvotes
ludwig3 wrote: I'm in Florida right now close to Daytona. Since I'm close to Disney world, I'm just thinking to go there just for one day. All we want to do is look around the park a little bit and tak a popular photo with a Magic kingdom in the background. But then one day pass for two adults is over $200. It seems pretty stiff for couple hours of trip.
No, on a per day basis, it is most expensive to visit for a single day - a 4-day ticket is ~$240, 5-day ticket $250 with the current 25% Canadian discount.

Disney purposely does this apparently to price people from coming to the parks which are at capacity many times throughout the year.

So if you want a 1 to 3 day trip, it is pricy.

Apparently average family income of the people that visit Disney is $95,000USD+; basically top 20% of the population. It's not really a middle class destination anymore.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5072 posts
5865 upvotes
No discount for one day. Disney doesn't offer, or allow anyone to provide discount for one day pass.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7295 posts
4537 upvotes
Victoria, BC
coolspot wrote: No, on a per day basis, it is most expensive to visit for a single day - a 4-day ticket is ~$240, 5-day ticket $250 with the current 25% Canadian discount.

Disney purposely does this apparently to price people from coming to the parks which are at capacity many times throughout the year.

So if you want a 1 to 3 day trip, it is pricy.

Apparently average family income of the people that visit Disney is $95,000USD+; basically top 20% of the population. It's not really a middle class destination anymore.
How sad, but you are right about Disney. We are lucky to have good incomes, but it's too bad that they've moved so far from the way Walt originally wanted things.
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
2968 upvotes
keenland
Chickinvic wrote: How sad, but you are right about Disney. We are lucky to have good incomes, but it's too bad that they've moved so far from the way Walt originally wanted things.
long time ago..when the kids were young, the disney passes (5 day etc) were good for life..meaning you didnt have to use them all in one visit..don't know of its still the case but maybe you could buy a few day pass and save it for another year.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16599 posts
2314 upvotes
cardguy wrote: long time ago..when the kids were young, the disney passes (5 day etc) were good for life..meaning you didnt have to use them all in one visit..don't know of its still the case but maybe you could buy a few day pass and save it for another year.
Tickets expire 14 days after first use; resident tickets are valid 6 months, but you need ID to buy and use one (Disney is pretty strict).
Last edited by coolspot on Feb 16th, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7295 posts
4537 upvotes
Victoria, BC
cardguy wrote: long time ago..when the kids were young, the disney passes (5 day etc) were good for life..meaning you didnt have to use them all in one visit..don't know of its still the case but maybe you could buy a few day pass and save it for another year.
I don't think there are non-expiring tickets anymore.