Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Contests

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
[Daily]

Tripcentral Trip Trivia Trip a week Giveaway(Ongoing)Best for GTA

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2023 9:54 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
4555 posts
27154 upvotes
Sunday, March 15th, 2020

http://www.tripcentral.ca/trivia/index.php

Located in this country, in the city of Almaty is the Russian Orthodox Ascension Cathedral.
Correct Answer: Kazakhstan

The macadamia nut originated and is grown in Australia, but commercial production is concentrated in this American state
Correct Answer: Hawaii

What mountain, at 2,954 meters above sea level, is the tallest peak in the Philippines?
Correct Answer: Mount Apo
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
3149 posts
1952 upvotes
GTA
@philthethrill when I load page on mobile I get "Trip Trivia is on hiatus until further notice."

Anyone else ?
Screenshot_20200315-122111.jpg
Oct 14, 2011
137 posts
228 upvotes
DUNDAS
lilmikey wrote: @philthethrill when I load page on mobile I get "Trip Trivia is on hiatus until further notice."

Anyone else ?

Like because of the current situation. I have read on other sites so many people are foregoing trips at the moment. People don't want to commit to booking with the uncertainty at the moment
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
4555 posts
27154 upvotes
lilmikey wrote: @philthethrill when I load page on mobile I get "Trip Trivia is on hiatus until further notice."

Anyone else ?

just saw that now on their website --- sux --
but -- with all that is happeneing - worldwide - makes sense

see you guys later !!
keep well
Mar 7, 2011
687 posts
1326 upvotes
Ontario
But you don't have to book and go immediately? Oh well, stay safe everyone!
Oct 14, 2011
137 posts
228 upvotes
DUNDAS
Millidog wrote: But you don't have to book and go immediately? Oh well, stay safe everyone!
I get that, but usually you have to confirm dates right away. I dont think its really on the top of peoples minds right now. Or the right time to promote that. Its a good call to hold off
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
4555 posts
27154 upvotes
Doc is busy helping our customers who have disrupted travel plans...all hands on deck.
Doc will email when we're back up.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
So this is weird.

I won a trip from this contest before COVID happened. It was supposed to take place in October 2020, but due to the pandemic, I cancelled it.

I figured that was the end of it and it was a shame to miss out but things happen. It's now a full year later and I just got this email from "support@tripcentralprizewinners.zendesk.com" (is this legit?)
Support Ticket Created URGENT response needed for your prize trip

Hi BobSagget, your trip to XXXXX has expired, and unfortunately, the hotel is unable to honour your prize.

But, I have some good news for you! We have been authorized to offer you an alternative from Transat with more lenient travel deadlines. However, we have a tight window to get you booked. With very limited staffing, this means we need your preferred dates and information ASAP to get your prize trip booked. You must complete the form and submit it to us no later than Wednesday, October 27, 2021. We do not know what you will be offered by Transat until we submit your information. We know for certain that it won't be Cuba and all prize trips are 4 stars or higher to the Dominican Republic or Mexico.

To process your request/booking, you must enter your information on this secure form. Your request will be actioned on a first-come, first-served basis. No changes are permitted once booked. Your prize trip has no cash value.

We ask that you complete the form as soon as possible so that we have time to request the space and make the booking. We require a credit card to process the taxes before making your booking request. We will contact you by phone once your form has been submitted for your card information – please do not email your credit card as it is not secure.

<link redacted>

As of October 30, 2021, only fully vaccinated travellers are permitted to travel by air. Canada requires a negative PCR test within 72 hours of arrival back into Canada. This test will be available at your hotel but at your expense. Current costs are approximately $150 USD per person and are subject to change.

Once submitted, we will contact you by phone for a credit card for the taxes and surcharges of $431 per person. When we have your completed form and credit card details, we will process your booking.
It all seems kind of strange to randomly show up a year after I was supposed to go on the trip. I don't think I am going to reply. I've already long considered the prize gone anyway.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
4555 posts
27154 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: So this is weird.

I won a trip from this contest before COVID happened. It was supposed to take place in October 2020, but due to the pandemic, I cancelled it.

I figured that was the end of it and it was a shame to miss out but things happen. It's now a full year later and I just got this email from "support@tripcentralprizewinners.zendesk.com" (is this legit?)

It all seems kind of strange to randomly show up a year after I was supposed to go on the trip. I don't think I am going to reply. I've already long considered the prize gone anyway.
agree Bob
does seem weird
however - you did win a trip - so it's posssible they would contact you
you could always go to the site-the tripcentral site from the contest - not necessarily the site from the email-- and e-mail them your inquiry
you have nothing to lose - right ??

belated congrats on your win !!
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2007
1934 posts
109 upvotes
Hamilton
I wonder if this is going to start up again ? Always enjoyed starting the day with Trip Trivia
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
4555 posts
27154 upvotes
petrpuck wrote: I wonder if this is going to start up again ? Always enjoyed starting the day with Trip Trivia
i sure hope so - i still check the site every day

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)