• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2005 10:07 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 8, 2005
4 posts

Tropical Palms Fun Resort in Orlando

Just wondering if anyone has stayed there or knows of any experiences with the place.
7 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14437 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
steveob wrote:Just wondering if anyone has stayed there or knows of any experiences with the place.
My experience at 2 resorts with the word FUN in the name is they're usually crappy.

Paradise Island Fun Club
Club Antigua Fun Club
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
[OP]
Mar 8, 2005
4 posts
Yes, that's the one. Everything seems okay, and it was recommended by my travel agent.
Feb 28, 2002
738 posts
215 upvotes
Alberta
Stayed there last year in a "studio" and had no complaints.

Kids liked the loft bed, lots of room compared to hotels.
Seperate cabanas/trailers/pre-fab cabin thingys.
Full kitchen and bath.
Nice little snack bar by the outdoor pool.
Wifi on site, didn't use it so no idea if its free or...?
On-site laundry facilities.

Basic housekeeping services, as in, you have to ask...
And no phones in the rooms...

All in all, a nice relaxing place to stay.
I'll go back. :)

http://www.tropicalpalms.com/
Dec 8, 2003
212 posts
3 upvotes
Lots of reviews of Tropical Palms on there under "Orlando Hotels & Attractions" -- you can do a Search for Tropical Palms. Overall people like it, but you have to know what you are getting & not getting. "Resort" does seem a funny word for it, but everything in Orlando tries to name itself "Resort" I think. Again, overall people seem to think it is good value for $.

I've mentioned these boards before, but I really feel they are THE place to go for all questions on DisneyWorld/Universal Studios/Orlando hotels, etc. Just as redflags is THE place to go for everything else! :razz:
Dec 8, 2003
212 posts
3 upvotes
As others have posted do check out mousesavers.com (if haven't already). Great deals & her free monthly e-newsletter contains more too.
Also allearsnet.com
Every question you could ever have about a trip to Orlando should be fully answered & then some between those 3 resources! And your trip can become a bargain too.