Trouble checking in Air Canada booked through united

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2021 12:03 am
[OP]
Aug 16, 2021
5 posts
4 upvotes

Trouble checking in Air Canada booked through united

Is my only option checking in at the airport? Would really prefer not to wait that long as I want to upload my covid test
5 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
1072 posts
536 upvotes
Ottawa
I can't speak for United, but i've had that issue with other carriers. Sometimes was able to check in with the original carrier. So try checking in online through United instead, you may get lucky.
Other times i had the issue, it was because you can't check in online until 4 hours prior to your flight.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
4672 posts
2074 upvotes
Durham Region
Should be able to check in on the Air Canada website.

Need the AC locator number which should show up when you look your reservation up on the United website.

That being said, uploading your COVID test in my experience saves you no time at all compared to just showing it at the airport, they'll probably ask to see it anyways.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5114 posts
1735 upvotes
Mississauga
Can't speak for UA, but other airlines I've flown have disabled online check-in for transborder flight because they want you to verify your covid results at the airport.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1773 posts
2818 upvotes
Canada, eh?
When you book via UA on AC metal, you get two separate PNRs (Passenger Name Record). One is AC, other one is UA.

Use the AC one to check-in. There shouldn't be an issue, I frequently book AC metal on UA due to corporate policy.
[OP]
Aug 16, 2021
5 posts
4 upvotes
Thanks all for the responses! Everyone on here is so helpful!

I was able to connect with UA chat and they helped me get what I needed to check in on AC. All good now!!