• Jul 15th, 2020 3:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2088 posts
745 upvotes
Edmonton

Troubles with Best Buy Ship to Home order

Yesterday, I placed a ship to home order at a Best Buy store. It was suggested by the employees because the store was supposed to have stock, but they could not find any in the store.

I showed them my driver's license for my name and address. I wrote down my email on a piece of sticky note they gave me. I'm pretty sure the PIN pad confirmation showed my correct email.

Now more than a day later, I still haven't gotten an email confirmation nor can I look up the order using Best Buy Canada website's order status webpage. This is the error message I get:
Sorry, we couldn't find your order. Please check your order number and email address and try again. [010]
The weirder thing is customer service told me twice that they have all the correct personal details. It's a good thing I got a printed receipt.

Anyone else have the same experience with Best Buy Canada Ship to Home orders not sending emails or being able to lookup the order on the website? Customer service quoted a delivery date of July 16-17th. Is my only option to wait for the delivery?

Slightly regretting doing a Ship to Home order with an employee, should've ordered from my Best Buy account myself....
Last edited by tablo13 on Jul 15th, 2020 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3770 posts
2448 upvotes
London
i've done it a few times and never had an issue. if customer service can pull it up and everything is right i wouldn't worry about it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7379 posts
8067 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
The orders made in-store don't show up on the website and I don't believe they send emails either.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2088 posts
745 upvotes
Edmonton
chemicalxv wrote: The orders made in-store don't show up on the website and I don't believe they send emails either.
Oh really?? Better ask customer service tomorrow for the tracking number then. It should've shipped by now
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7561 posts
8138 upvotes
Vancouver
You may be expecting this shipment way too fast.

For example with Lowe's:
- I placed an order for shipment, coming from my local store (it's about 20km away, so didn't feel like driving there and it's not urgent)
- The Lowe's site warned that due to COVID-19 backlog, it would take them 4-5 days to process orders, whether for shipment or pickup. They have since upped that to 5-21 days.
- After 5 days I got a "shipped" email. with a Purolator tracking number
- After an additional 5 days, Purolator still shows the status as "shipping label printed", not yet picked up.

So 10 days so far, and my order hasn't made it out of the local store yet. Welcome to COVID-19 world. :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2088 posts
745 upvotes
Edmonton
Looks like the above poster was right. It’s out for delivery today.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)