Expired Hot Deals

[truenorthmortgage.ca] True North Mortgage - 5 Year Fixed Rates from 1.79%

Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2614 posts
919 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Tapout123 wrote: True, although there are rental property options out there that are completely hands-off. They do require that you pay a fee for managing your units, as well as a bonus to purchase them, all of which reduce your ROI, but they are still good investments as you get to pocket the 75% of the property value that someone else paid for via rent.

BTW, I may grab some XGRO, (I like diversification Smiling Face With Open Mouth), but if I were picking stock today, I'd go with Cargojet (CJT.TO), they signed a big contract with Amazon and are doing very well.
Cargo air of course doing very well during the pandemic. They're an excellent play now and into the future. XGRO is just too easy. Look at the companies you get exposure on:

AAPL APPLE INC 2.28
MSFT MICROSOFT CORP 1.84
AMZN AMAZON COM INC 1.57
SHOP SHOPIFY 1.23
RY ROYAL BANK OF CANADA 1.19
TD TORONTO DOMINION 0.97
CNR CANADIAN NATIONAL RAILWAY 0.83
FB FACEBOOK CLASS A INC 0.76
ENB ENBRIDGE INC 0.73
BNS BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA 0.57
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
1237 posts
595 upvotes
Montreal
caltran wrote: People actually think that they bought a place and it went up in price because they were smart and chose wisely. When it fact it was just loose monetary policy.
Location is the main thing that drives RE prices, low interest rates sure do not hurt however
Apr 5, 2017
449 posts
92 upvotes
What is the lowest 5 year fixed you received for renewal for your high ratio (CMHC) mortgage yet with any lenders ?
Feb 2, 2010
936 posts
763 upvotes
djdestroyer wrote: Cargo air of course doing very well during the pandemic. They're an excellent play now and into the future. XGRO is just too easy. Look at the companies you get exposure on:

AAPL APPLE INC 2.28
MSFT MICROSOFT CORP 1.84
AMZN AMAZON COM INC 1.57
SHOP SHOPIFY 1.23
TD TORONTO DOMINION 0.97
ENB ENBRIDGE INC 0.73
I like any tech stock right now so Apple and MS are great, although I'm not sure they haven't peaked already (Nvidia is also a beast this year) but TBH I've soured on the banks. Their rate of return is not great and the stocks have been suppressed for a long time, which I have a hard time reconciling with the fact that all of them report Billion $ earnings every year. I own stock in 3 of them and all of them have under-performed for some time now.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2614 posts
919 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Tapout123 wrote: I like any tech stock right now so Apple and MS are great, although I'm not sure they haven't peaked already (Nvidia is also a beast this year) but TBH I've soured on the banks. Their rate of return is not great and the stocks have been suppressed for a long time, which I have a hard time reconciling with the fact that all of them report Billion $ earnings every year. I own stock in 3 of them and all of them have under-performed for some time now.
Agreed but even the top 10 holdings only make up a couple percent of the portfolio. So diversified, balanced for you. It won't get you rich quick but you also don't have to pick stocks.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3261 posts
1394 upvotes
Canada
How does True North / Think Financial determine IRD?

I understand how the formula works but I can't get a straight answer from the broker on how the future "current rate" is determined to calculate IRD.

Think Financial does not post rates on their website. And True North Mortgage only lists "Rates From" on their website. There's nothing transparent on what exactly the future "current rate" source is.

Can anyone here clarify this?
Feb 15, 2018
207 posts
120 upvotes
djdestroyer wrote: Cargo air of course doing very well during the pandemic. They're an excellent play now and into the future. XGRO is just too easy. Look at the companies you get exposure on:

AAPL APPLE INC 2.28
MSFT MICROSOFT CORP 1.84
AMZN AMAZON COM INC 1.57
SHOP SHOPIFY 1.23
TD TORONTO DOMINION 0.97
ENB ENBRIDGE INC 0.73
They should change the ticker to BUBL
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3261 posts
1394 upvotes
Canada
ipanda wrote: Was anyone able to get the 1.79% 5yr fixed or better for uninsured?
1.74% here
Jul 31, 2020
5 posts
2 upvotes
ipanda wrote: Was anyone able to get the 1.79% 5yr fixed or better for uninsured?
1.78% on 30 yr amortization
Apr 23, 2019
24 posts
9 upvotes
Out of curiosity who is the lender. I got quoted 1.84 from the broker.
Dec 17, 2006
456 posts
208 upvotes
Calgary
Leop011 wrote: In case you want to break a contract, the fee is only 3-month interests, regardless if you have 4 years left in the contract.

You can transfer contact to new properly when you sell your current.
You can do %20 over permanent and next year another over of current payment

if your current payment is 1000 + %20 = $1200
Next Year 1200 + %20 = 1440 and so on.
Of course, if you can afford
Or Interest Rate Differential. Whichever is greater. I got burned by this trying to get a lower rate from 3.14. Would cost me nearly 8k on a 320,000 mortgage.
Feb 26, 2010
257 posts
277 upvotes
Aurora, ON
True north offered me 1.64 for 5 year fixed. Only needed 25 year amortization. Uninsured with a full fledged mortgage. I got Butler to match it and they got me 1.63.
Closing in a couple weeks.
Side note, true north seems more willing to provide cashback though but from what I gather, it's usually more for mortgages above 500k.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2071 posts
1361 upvotes
Montreal, QC
juinny wrote: True north offered me 1.64 for 5 year fixed. Only needed 25 year amortization. Uninsured with a full fledged mortgage. I got Butler to match it and they got me 1.63.
Closing in a couple weeks.
Side note, true north seems more willing to provide cashback though but from what I gather, it's usually more for mortgages above 500k.
Out of curiosity, is it a renewal and is your mortgage over 500K?
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Feb 26, 2010
257 posts
277 upvotes
Aurora, ON
willy0275 wrote: Out of curiosity, is it a renewal and is your mortgage over 500K?
Purchase and sale. Not above 500k.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2071 posts
1361 upvotes
Montreal, QC
juinny wrote: Purchase and sale. Not above 500k.
Thanks, I think the fact that it's a purchase and not a refinance gives you an advantage on rates.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)