Real Estate

Locked: Trump says he would like to see the Federal Reserve lower interest rates

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 8:20 pm
17 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
17545 posts
2865 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad he has no control over the federal reserve and they can actually be trusted to do what's best for the country.
Last edited by Piro21 on Nov 20th, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2011
5892 posts
5596 upvotes
Toronto
Trump is a moron and should be ignored
Mar 7, 2017
660 posts
289 upvotes
Ham, ON
Piro21 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 4:31 pm
Too bad he has no control over the federal reserve and they can actually be trusted to do what's best for the country.
Nobody has control over the federal reserve.
Mar 7, 2017
660 posts
289 upvotes
Ham, ON
mazerbeaner wrote:
So then I guess you would like to see interest rates risen? Can I ask why?
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
17545 posts
2865 upvotes
Toronto
DealFixation wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 4:32 pm
Nobody has control over the federal reserve.
Exactly. They're safely out of his reach and he can't **** things up with his incompetence.
DealFixation wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 4:34 pm
Interest rates have been too low for too long and that's led to the creation of dangerous credit bubbles that people need to be weaned off of. The current interest rate climate is seriously hurting economic stability and sustainable economic development in favor of unproductive get-rich-quick schemes and rent-seeking.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31108 posts
2695 upvotes
Winnipeg
mazerbeaner wrote:
if he had his way, the interest rate would be 0 and the debt would be infinite.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31108 posts
2695 upvotes
Winnipeg
DealFixation wrote:
when the cost of money is too cheap, people over borrow.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2011
5892 posts
5596 upvotes
Toronto
DealFixation wrote:
Me thinking Trump is an idiot has nothing to do with my opinion on rates. I don't really care if they go up or down I just sold a place so am sitting on a lot of cash in a promo 3% HISA so either way I will benefit. If anything it would just change what i do in 2 years from now when my mortgage is up for renewal.
Mar 7, 2017
660 posts
289 upvotes
Ham, ON
I am perplexed at the attitude of many to just default to positions that oppose what Trump wants, even when it is against their best interests.
Very bot like if you ask me.
The ironic thing is, many of those against the idea of lowering interest rates in this thread are likely in sky high debt. For those who are not sky high in debt are oppose to lowering interest rates, you guys should be praying for a depression triggering event to enable fire sale purchases of real estate and equities.
[OP]
Jun 1, 2017
418 posts
360 upvotes
mazerbeaner wrote:
Are you kidding?how can he be a successful billionaire?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2011
5892 posts
5596 upvotes
Toronto
neilsmith43 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 4:46 pm
Paris Hilton grew her inheritance faster than trump. He inherited hundreds of millions in NY RE. If he did nothing but hold it he would be wealthier than he is now.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
17545 posts
2865 upvotes
Toronto
DealFixation wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 4:45 pm
I am perplexed at the attitude of many to just default to positions that oppose what Trump wants, even when it is against their best interests.
The ironic thing is, many of those against the idea of lowering interest rates in this thread are likely in sky high debt. For those who are not sky high in debt are oppose to lowering interest rates, you guys should be praying for a depression triggering event to enable fire sale purchases of real estate and equities.
How do you know what's in our best interests? And why do you assume anyone supporting the common sense move agreed upon by professional economists is in 'sky high debt' or 'praying for a depression'?

Did you overextend your borrowing and feel the need to comfort yourself by insulting people on the internet in the hopes that one of them makes decisions at the federal reserve?
neilsmith43 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 4:46 pm
He isn't successful, and there's no proof anywhere but the words from his own mouth that he's a billionaire.
Last edited by Piro21 on Nov 20th, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2011
5892 posts
5596 upvotes
Toronto
DealFixation wrote:
You are making assumptions that are completely invalid. Just because someone thinks Trump is an idiot and his opinion is irrelevant doesn't say anything about whether or not they oppose hikes. Just that his comment is not worth considering.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7693 posts
1341 upvotes
DealFixation wrote:
you dont have to be in 1 category or the other.

you have to realize that if interest rates are near 0% when things are running "great", when sht hits the fan the banks need to lower the rates...and in that case they'll go negative. Wanna see banks offer -3% interest rates next recession? That'll be real attractive.

It'll create a rush to cash crysis for people to stop banks from stealing their deposited money, and in some cases even destroy fiat currency as we know it.

The only reason people use fiat is because they trust in its relative stable value, tethered to whatever country it belongs to. Once that blows up in smoke, we'll be back to gold standard. How much gold do you have stashed in your house for rainy days? How much do most people? lol