• Jul 26th, 2015 10:37 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 9, 2015
2 posts
Pickering

Trying to find a last minute round the world trip

Friends of mine are looking at options for round the world travel. My client told me of this one Called Travel Guild. They have this Private Jet Tour happening in October 2015 http://www.privatejettours.ca/. It's about $40K for the entire trip. I've seen others from Abercrombie and Kent as well. But looking for other people's experiences on this or any other trip. It's a bit expensive $40K so looking for references or testimonials
4 replies
Banned
Jan 16, 2015
869 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It's gimmicky, it's stupid, a waste of time and money IMO. 3 weeks is not enough time to go to Thailand let alone around the whole world. First thing is to consider is jet lag. It takes 1-2 weeks just to adjust to a different time zone, after that you can start to enjoy yourself.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2132 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
It's hard enough to do Europe in 3 weeks. Around the world is a joke. I wouldn't touch that 'deal'. I'd rather book 3-4 trips for $10k each for 2-3weeks each and would probably have a better experience

The only thing I can see them doing is stopping off at one destination on each continent and then saying you've been around the world. $40k is too much IMO
Nov 10, 2011
23 posts
7 upvotes
Edmonton
I can't even imagine doing this. We just spent over a month doing an around the world and at times I wanted to die, particularly after two weeks in Europe and having to go through another time zone change in South East Asia. And only 1 or 2 days in each places is insane. While we did that in certain cities (ie. Only Bangkok for a day then 4 in Chiang Mai) it would be a complete waste to only spend a couple days in each country. You would probably get a better experience of the culture just by Youtubing it.

I'm all for flying on a private jet but not for 40k and with that itinerary. Our around the world trip only cost us about 7500 and we are not budget travellers (although points helped with flights).
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2311 posts
358 upvotes
North York
It's a mistake that almost everyone made - trying to jam as much stuff in as little days possible. I personally made this error too - did a 5 cities Euro trip just in 1.5 weeks and it was probably one of the worst experience in travelling I've had. Did very very little in exploring the cities and spend much time / money on train / etc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)