Trying to get back into uni

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2016 4:50 pm
Aug 3, 2016
1 posts

Trying to get back into uni

Hello everyone... I would have been a third year but I was rtwed (required to withdraw)as of march of this year... I am extremely ashamed of myself...due to my ignorance and emotions. I couldn't keep up with my grades because I didn't see a point in doing well when I'll just fail. Family problems also got in the way but I know everything that resulted in me getting rtw was my own fault. And I acknowledge that but now I'm not even sure if I will even be able to get a job once I get my degree if I can finally get back into my program.
4 replies
Jul 30, 2013
238 posts
Don't be too hard on yourself. At least you're acknowledging your faults. That's a good first step. How old are you? You should try going to a college programme related to your previous undergraduate major -- if you do well there, transfer - get credits for transferring and try to complete your degree.

Best wishes.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 7, 2009
13886 posts
Most universities will require you to take 1 year off then they will re-admit you. Which university? Sometimes it's easier to get into the affiliate colleges (same degree, different campus).
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 22, 2008
2095 posts
North York
It is not the end of the world. Stop beating yourself over it. Go to the admin or student guidance in your school and ask them. Usually, you are required to take the year off to get your stuff together. You then have to petition to get back in your program. Good luck.
Nov 9, 2012
45 posts
A person will be more matured and appreciated the opportunities around him or her, once he or she has gone through a failure or two.

Like other posters said, you will have to wait a year and reapply. if you repeat what you wrote in your thread, they will allow you to go back.