• Jun 8th, 2021 4:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
8753 posts
4367 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…

Trying to remove a plumbing hose

I am trying to remove a hose and it isn't obvious how to do it.

Hose in question connects from a bidet breaker valve (Omnibrass BV-100 FWIW) to a bidet spray. The connecting end is rounded so nothing to get a wrench on. I don't think it is a quick connect of any sort.

WP_20210608_12_20_46_Pro.jpg

Is this simply use-a-pair-of-pliers-to-twist-off connector? What complicates matters is there isn't a lot of room to work with.

Replacing the set with an American Standard set I got at a ReStore for $60. The previous owner had the current set up installed and I have no manual, nor know what brand it is.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
1 reply
Deal Fanatic
Oct 15, 2007
5299 posts
2742 upvotes
Yes, use a basin wrench
thriftshopper wrote: I am trying to remove a hose and it isn't obvious how to do it.

Hose in question connects from a bidet breaker valve (Omnibrass BV-100 FWIW) to a bidet spray. The connecting end is rounded so nothing to get a wrench on. I don't think it is a quick connect of any sort.

Is this simply use-a-pair-of-pliers-to-twist-off connector? What complicates matters is there isn't a lot of room to work with.

Replacing the set with an American Standard set I got at a ReStore for $60. The previous owner had the current set up installed and I have no manual, nor know what brand it is.
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide