Expired Hot Deals

TSC Stores

Dewalt DCF899B 20V Max XR Lithium-Ion 1/2-inch Cordless Impact Wrench $162-179.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2020 5:20 pm
[OP]
Jan 26, 2017
42 posts
65 upvotes

[TSC Stores] Dewalt DCF899B 20V Max XR Lithium-Ion 1/2-inch Cordless Impact Wrench $162-179.99

Not sure if there is a price error on the TSC website but the Dewalt DCF899B Impact Wrench is listed for $179.99 which is roughly half the price of other retailers (commonly listed for $300+ for the bare tool). Price match with Home Depot for another 10% off brining the total to $162 before tax.

TSC Link:
https://www.tscstores.com/IMPACT-20V-BL ... 60343.aspx

Home Depot Link:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/dewalt ... lsrc=aw.ds
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 20th, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated title
70 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1468 posts
2041 upvotes
Waterloo Region
Price in title please.

deal looks solid
Apr 21, 2012
787 posts
958 upvotes
Ontario
Looks like a good deal. Really with it was a hammer drill then I would have jumped on it.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2910 posts
606 upvotes
Mississauga
Wish I had a need for more tools!
Jesus saves, I spend
May 4, 2015
60 posts
170 upvotes
ON
Great deal, lowest I've seen it has been $225 on Amazon.
This impact works great for tire changes and those tight nuts. Haven't found one it hasn't been able to break loose.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6167 posts
594 upvotes
Quebec
pick up only, not in quebec, booooooooooooooooooo
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
424 upvotes
Great deal! Just ordered the last one in mount Forest
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario
[OP]
Jan 26, 2017
42 posts
65 upvotes
fakishan wrote: pick up only, not in quebec, booooooooooooooooooo
That may be specific to Quebec. It is free shipping to home or store from both TSC and Home Depot.
Oct 15, 2019
20 posts
33 upvotes
freshlycutlawn wrote: That may be specific to Quebec. It is free shipping to home or store from both TSC and Home Depot.
i don't see free shipping to home from TSC. i've searched the whole site.
[OP]
Jan 26, 2017
42 posts
65 upvotes
BenS14629 wrote: i don't see free shipping to home from TSC. i've searched the whole site.
Sorry I should have been more specific. It is free shipping to home or store from Home Depot or free shipping to store from TSC.
Feb 17, 2004
782 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
This is the lowest price I've ever seen for this model. This unit is well a well built, heavy duty impact wrench! I bought one two years ago and have been very happy with this.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3908 posts
2833 upvotes
Calgary
Snagged this Dewalt 899HP2 with 2x5ah batteries + charger for $25x back in late '18. This thang's a beast! Highly recommended for any mechanical duties. Overkill if just for the annual tire change though. Still if money isn't an issue, this is the best 20v impact wrench Dewalt makes.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1342 posts
1407 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
freshlycutlawn wrote: Not sure if there is a price error on the TSC website but the Dewalt DCF899B Impact Wrench is listed for $179.99 which is roughly half the price of other retailers (commonly listed for $300+ for the bare tool). Price match with Home Depot for another 10% off brining the total to $162 before tax.

TSC Link:
https://www.tscstores.com/IMPACT-20V-BL ... 60343.aspx

Home Depot Link:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/dewalt ... lsrc=aw.ds
Thanks OP got one at Home Depot for $162 + tax after price beat. Also happened to find the DCF883B on clearance for $70 so grabbed that as well.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1725 posts
462 upvotes
Is this thing worth it over say a Ryobi equivalent kit with about 300 ft/lbs of torque? I know they’re perhaps both overkill but the application is seasonal tire swaps for upto 3 cars.
Feb 14, 2008
317 posts
203 upvotes
Can confirm this gun has so much torque it can stop the rotation of the earth. Best price I've ever seen for this.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1468 posts
2041 upvotes
Waterloo Region
Let me ask this. If one needs just one tool around the house, i assume an impact driver is the way to go as it can drive drills, and more importantly, if coupled with a torque wrench and a 1/2" converter, can be used for tire changes. Are these assumptions correct?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1342 posts
1407 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
Gangsta101 wrote: Let me ask this. If one needs just one tool around the house, i assume an impact driver is the way to go as it can drive drills, and more importantly, if coupled with a torque wrench and a 1/2" converter, can be used for tire changes. Are these assumptions correct?
Impact driver won't have nearly enough torque to do any tire change work especially paired with an adapter.

They are usually used for driving fasteners into material and not for removal of bolts and nuts especially higher torqued ones.

I really don't think there is "1 tool" to do everything you want. You need to buy the right tool for the job.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3908 posts
2833 upvotes
Calgary
saffant wrote: Is this thing worth it over say a Ryobi equivalent kit with about 300 ft/lbs of torque? I know they’re perhaps both overkill but the application is seasonal tire swaps for upto 3 cars.
Yes if money's no issue & if you're also invested in the Dewalt 20v ecosystem. Otherwise no. The massive torque is really to remove nuts/bolts rather than anything. U'll still have to use a torque wrench at the end of the exercise regardless.
Gangsta101 wrote: Let me ask this. If one needs just one tool around the house, i assume an impact driver is the way to go as it can drive drills, and more importantly, if coupled with a torque wrench and a 1/2" converter, can be used for tire changes. Are these assumptions correct?
If I only get to choose one rotary tool, then I'd get this DEWALT DCD996 3spd hammerdrill. An impact wrench won't have the rpm to drill metal but a good drill will have enough torque to use as a light duty wrench but u might wanna pair it with a breaker bar to untorque rusted bolts/nuts. The hammer function does great for concrete too.
Jan 2, 2020
120 posts
239 upvotes
Placed order online, price matched over phone. Can't beat price as there is no original store in Saskatoon. It's on the way to the pickup HD store. Free shipping. Thank you OP.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)