Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TSC Stores

Rust Cure 3000, 400ml $5.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2021 1:02 pm
Banned
Oct 13, 2020
31 posts
11 upvotes
got them about a few weeks ago. worth every penny.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
2419 posts
971 upvotes
Hi all
which area should you avoid to spray any rust proof liquid to?
thx
<signature removed>
Mar 7, 2011
285 posts
286 upvotes
Ontario
RAINMAN0 wrote: No, this needs to be applied to unpainted surfaces. I mean i guess you can spray your roof but its going to look like trash. All gooey and dirty.
I was under the impression from the manufacturer's website that this works for painted surfaces too? But yeah, might want to wipe it down a bit afterwards or it'll look terrible. Better than nothing imo.
napoleonbot wrote: Hi all
thx
From what I understand, avoid engine, brake rotor/pads, and exhaust components. Main reason being the extreme heat.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3579 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
TimeRunz wrote: I was under the impression from the manufacturer's website that this works for painted surfaces too? But yeah, might want to wipe it down a bit afterwards or it'll look terrible. Better than nothing imo.
You can spray inconspicuous painted surfaces, though the paint itself will be a barrier so there's not much point unless paint is cracked and there's rust or potential of it. Lawnmowers and snow blowers, I have sprayed some parts of the body since I don't care much about the looks other than making sure no rust forms.

Spraying the roof of a car? That's going to look like trash, but I suppose if you've let your car reach that point, may as well.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Feb 2, 2015
675 posts
1217 upvotes
Calgary, AB
napoleonbot wrote: Hi all
thx
I would avoid spraying it on electrical wiring and components in the engine bay and undercarriage, as well as belts and rubber hoses.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4047 posts
3277 upvotes
Ottawa
Although they claim to be safe on rubber, it's NOT SAFE so avoid putting this stuff on any rubber as it will swell rubber. Had my car sprayed with Corrosion Free 5 years ago and the guys at CT sprayed it under the hood, swelling the rubber strip like a loose worm in the engine bay under the windshield wipers. I had to clean it with degreaser, stretch it and make new holes to keep the rubber strip taut.

Bought a few cans last year and I had been using it on exposed axle nuts, new hitch, metal undercarriage, suspension components and bolts/nuts where I will have to loosen at a later time (avoid applying near brake pads, rotors, tires and exhaust). I find the spray can with the nozzle splatters a lot so I spray into a container and use a brush/cloth to apply it in a more controlled manner.

I will use it on the snowblower now that many of you guys have mentioned it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
gumby wrote: Although they claim to be safe on rubber, it's NOT SAFE so avoid putting this stuff on any rubber as it will swell rubber. Had my car sprayed with Corrosion Free 5 years ago and the guys at CT sprayed it under the hood, swelling the rubber strip like a loose worm in the engine bay under the windshield wipers. I had to clean it with degreaser, stretch it and make new holes to keep the rubber strip taut.
Interesting.. I thought the plus of using this product vs Krown was that it had no effect on rubber.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1569 posts
1156 upvotes
Wiseman wrote: Interesting.. I thought the plus of using this product vs Krown was that it had no effect on rubber.
Depends on the chemical makeup of the rubber/ plastic.
Dec 30, 2009
245 posts
210 upvotes
Markham
This (Rust cure) or Krown? assuming both cost the same $5.99 a can ..... Krown is easy to buy as there are many store nearby
I've been using Krown before. spray it every 3 yrs and its good ... Krown is a little bit runny and will drip on your driveway for 3+ days ... but Ive never tried Rust cure .. so iF anyone has used both .. please let me know . thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1755 posts
723 upvotes
The Capital
I cannot believe all of the GTA people commenting on this...
- To do a car, you'll ruin your driveway with overspray, spend 1-2hrs, get messy and like 25$ in cans...

Or go to any of the 120934x shops (that kept popping up on my FB marketplace when I was there last week) for 60$ rustproofing...

I spend 110$ yearly on mine with Krown & keep the warranty in doing so...
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1569 posts
1156 upvotes
otakuz wrote: This (Rust cure) or Krown? assuming both cost the same $5.99 a can ..... Krown is easy to buy as there are many store nearby
I've been using Krown before. spray it every 3 yrs and its good ... Krown is a little bit runny and will drip on your driveway for 3+ days ... but Ive never tried Rust cure .. so iF anyone has used both .. please let me know . thanks
I've only have experience with the products coming out of cans, not applied in bulk. Krown is runnier than Corosion Free. Krown almost goes on like a light oil.
Nov 21, 2018
136 posts
96 upvotes
Markham
mmagda wrote: I cannot believe all of the GTA people commenting on this...
- To do a car, you'll ruin your driveway with overspray, spend 1-2hrs, get messy and like 25$ in cans...
I bought a bunch of cans last year but never got around to using it. I couldn't figure out how to do it without overspray getting everywhere and the vehicle dripping all over the driveway.

Does anyone have suggestions for this? Seems to me the only way to use this stuff on the cheap is if you own a farm and can park on a gravel driveway for a month after application.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
3014 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
mmagda wrote: I cannot believe all of the GTA people commenting on this...

Or go to any of the 120934x shops (that kept popping up on my FB marketplace when I was there last week) for 60$ rustproofing...

I spend 110$ yearly on mine with Krown & keep the warranty in doing so...
I usually rust proof my own car with corrosion free but two years ago, I decided to go to known to get my new car rustproofed. Boy was I disappointed. Krown still drips like a MFer and my driveway was covered in oil after. My car was also bone dry just after winter. As if nothing was applied. This was at a location that had the highest reviews in toronto and praised by many RFDers.

Compared to doing it myself with corrosion free, I got more spots covered and after last winter, my car still had corrosion free on in after winter. Not to mention, cheaper and more protection(corrosion free proven to be better than krown). I have a SUV so I can easily crawl under my car. Takes me 30 minutes to an hour. Only negative to this method is the mess but good thing i have old nike clothes that are water resistant.

If people are worried about dripping on the driveway. Go to dollarama and buy the $4 painters floor cover and lay it under your car. Or wait until princess auto has a sale on fluid film which I found just as good as corrosion free but doesn't drip.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
3014 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
leif20 wrote: I bought a bunch of cans last year but never got around to using it. I couldn't figure out how to do it without overspray getting everywhere and the vehicle dripping all over the driveway.

Does anyone have suggestions for this? Seems to me the only way to use this stuff on the cheap is if you own a farm and can park on a gravel driveway for a month after application.

Like someone mentioned before, you can spray it onto a container and brush it on but that takes more time. I found the best way to not overspray is to quickly spray "sweep" the parts you want covered and sweep again if you didn't get it all. Put some cardboard under the car and let the car sit over night. That eliminated most of the drips on my driveway for me. Also helps if you wait for a day when it rains the next day.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1755 posts
723 upvotes
The Capital
congeetime wrote: I usually rust proof my own car with corrosion free but two years ago, I decided to go to known to get my new car rustproofed. Boy was I disappointed. Krown still drips like a MFer and my driveway was covered in oil after. My car was also bone dry just after winter. As if nothing was applied. This was at a location that had the highest reviews in toronto and praised by many RFDers.

Compared to doing it myself with corrosion free, I got more spots covered and after last winter, my car still had corrosion free on in after winter. Not to mention, cheaper and more protection(corrosion free proven to be better than krown). I have a SUV so I can easily crawl under my car. Takes me 30 minutes to an hour. Only negative to this method is the mess but good thing i have old nike clothes that are water resistant.

If people are worried about dripping on the driveway. Go to dollarama and buy the $4 painters floor cover and lay it under your car. Or wait until princess auto has a sale on fluid film which I found just as good as corrosion free but doesn't drip.
Krown is actually supposed to dry up over time... Mine drips for 3-4 days, and I do my applications when its still 20c++ outside, so it seeps, I degrease door jambs & streaks every day after the inital 3-4 days, and its mint. I have 3 drops on my new home's driveway from my application this year... I have warranty with them, otherwise for a beater I'd go to any hole-in-the-wall shop that charges 60$ for no-drip stuff (this is what I saw advertised while in GTA)
Dec 17, 2019
49 posts
16 upvotes
I applied this Rust cure before winter last year. Now under the car looks dry. Do I have to apply again this year? And do I have to power wash under the car before applying?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)