Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TSC Stores

TSC: Broil King Baron 440 - $449.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2018 3:16 am
Dec 26, 2004
337 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto

[TSC Stores] TSC: Broil King Baron 440 - $449.97

Looks like today only: https://www.tscstores.com/BBQ-BRL-KNG-B ... 51469.aspx

Hopefully that link works. I'm subscribed to their daily deals emails and clicked through the email. I ordered one.

Regularly priced at $699.
Last edited by smp on Jul 28th, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
55 replies
Jan 15, 2017
424 posts
498 upvotes
have one of these in stainless that I bought maybe around 5 years ago at target for $250...love it and still going strong
Dec 26, 2004
337 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not a fan of the Coleman brand in general. I wouldn't buy that BBQ but that's just me. YMMV.

Broil King apparently compares well to Weber. I have a Weber Performer (charcoal BBQ) and a Weber Smokey Mountain (charcoal smoker) and I can attest to their build quality, which is top notch. I've had both for over five years and they are still excellent, but it was time for a propane BBQ. I'm keeping the other two, one for smoking, the other for those days I have time to do the charcoal thing. I still prefer charcoal but we often skip BBQing on weeknights because of the additional time involved. Propane for convenience, and hosting - the performer is not a huge BBQ so if there's lots of mouths to feed we can fire up both.

The grilling trifecta is now complete.
Dec 26, 2004
337 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
tomadams wrote: have one of these in stainless that I bought maybe around 5 years ago at target for $250...love it and still going strong
$250 for a BK is a screaming deal.
Feb 24, 2008
93 posts
34 upvotes
Edmonton
smp wrote: I'm not a fan of the Coleman brand in general. I wouldn't buy that BBQ but that's just me. YMMV.

Broil King apparently compares well to Weber. I have a Weber Performer (charcoal BBQ) and a Weber Smokey Mountain (charcoal smoker) and I can attest to their build quality, which is top notch. I've had both for over five years and they are still excellent, but it was time for a propane BBQ. I'm keeping the other two, one for smoking, the other for those days I have time to do the charcoal thing. I still prefer charcoal but we often skip BBQing on weeknights because of the additional time involved. Propane for convenience, and hosting - the performer is not a huge BBQ so if there's lots of mouths to feed we can fire up both.

The grilling trifecta is now complete.
I think I might have overlooked something here. I'm looking for a natural gas model. I thought this BK one was natural gas.
Dec 21, 2009
83 posts
51 upvotes
Richmond Hill
It’s propane, I just chatted with Lowe’s online and they won’t do an exception price match to the natural gas model
Aug 27, 2017
33 posts
8 upvotes
Ontario
im price matching at lowes, hopefully this is good for 450$ tax in
Mar 16, 2006
247 posts
87 upvotes
Milton
Just purchased this from Lowe's, price matched through chat. $457.62 tax in. Thanks guys!
Sep 22, 2010
174 posts
186 upvotes
Guelph
tomadams wrote: have one of these in stainless that I bought maybe around 5 years ago at target for $250...love it and still going strong
I got in on that deal as well. Mine is still going strong, I ended up swapping the grates to stainless last year as I was getting tired of seasoning the original grates.
Jan 19, 2017
71 posts
50 upvotes
Lucky. Lowe’s online wouldn’t price match as it wasn’t located within 200km of my location in Vancouver.
May 7, 2010
625 posts
509 upvotes
Edmonton
I also scored the $250 back in Target days! Actually got two, one for me and one for my uncle. After 5 years, it's still working perfectly! Must buy for sure!
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4081 posts
1967 upvotes
Toronto
Is it made in Canada/US?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
3111 posts
3201 upvotes
Jabo wrote: It’s propane, I just chatted with Lowe’s online and they won’t do an exception price match to the natural gas model
It's $70 to get the conversion kit from OMC.
No politics in sigs - mods
Feb 24, 2008
93 posts
34 upvotes
Edmonton
Jabo wrote: It’s propane, I just chatted with Lowe’s online and they won’t do an exception price match to the natural gas model
I tried as well, they told me the same thing.
Also said that they wouldn't price match the propane model as the nearest store is more than 200km away.
Jan 15, 2017
424 posts
498 upvotes
anyone with some drills can easily change this to natural gas. There was a post about it a few years ago that had the orifices that are required...they had the hole is stamped right on them. All you need to do is take out the orifices (very easy to do) and drill the hole to the proper size, and now its a natural gas model. Did this to mine over a year ago and its so much nicer to not deal with tanks. The orifices are brass and drill out very easily, its basically a 2 minute job if you are assembling the BBQ anyway. Maybe half an hour if you have to take apart your already assembled BBQ to do it and then put it back together

post #297 in this thread http://forums.redflagdeals.com/target-h ... 347404/20/

0.91mm for propane and 1.32mm for natural gas. There is an orifice for each burner plus the side burner, and they unscrew easily with a wrench so that you can drill them out without getting shavings in the gas line and then put them back in
Jan 15, 2017
424 posts
498 upvotes
v1p3r69 wrote: I got in on that deal as well. Mine is still going strong, I ended up swapping the grates to stainless last year as I was getting tired of seasoning the original grates.
I also switched the grates to stainless as the cast ones rusted out after a few years because I didn't take proper care of them
Mar 12, 2017
100 posts
41 upvotes
Pm'd with Lowe's as well. I've been looking for a BBQ and this was on the shortlist. $405+tax is worth it to me. Thanks OP.

If I convert to natural gas using method/kit mentioned in the post, can it be reversed? My current home has a natural gas hookup but my new home doesn't, so just wondering.