• Personal Cup Blade Base
• Simply Blending Recipe Book
• Simply Whole Recipe Book
13 replies
Jun 5, 2010
243 posts
149 upvotes
Ajax
I'm debating whether to get this over the e320 from Costco. Seems like a slightly better model. It has more accessories, a digital timer, 10yr (vs older 7yr) warranty and a self-detect technology that senses what container you have, so that it can blend it accordingly. It also works with your phone via the Perfect Blend app. People seem to have issues with the self-detect system but I'm reading its just a learning curve to get it to work properly.

Possibly a newer motor and quieter?

Overall I think it's worth the increased price. Unfortunately the $20 off email sign up doesn't apply to VITAMIX.

Here's a nice breakdown:

https://healthybutsmart.com/vitamix-asc ... n-costing/

And a quote from that website "Vs E320: Besides having the same container size, there are no similarities with the Vitamix E320. Weirdly, the prices are pretty similar on these two models, but the A2300 has the new touch screen, 10-year warranty, digital timer, dishwasher safe container and it’s quieter. Go figure?"
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5438 posts
4929 upvotes
BC
With tax factored in, it's an extra $258 over the e320 at its Costco sale price. I'm not sure why anyone would need 4 jars, but I certainly don't. The extra 3 years of warranty is nice. The other listed advantages don't mean much for me, but might be significant for others.
Jan 19, 2013
87 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
The Ascent series is the "future" of Vitamix. Theres rumours of a food processor attachment being released, which will probably only work with Ascent machines. I got the E320 because I wanted a normal blender. I didn't need timer, presets and don't anticipate making my own flours (so I don't need the 48oz dry container).

These sites were helpful in my decision: https://lifeisnoyoke.com/vitamix-ascent/, https://joyofblending.com/which-vitamix-to-buy/
Jan 10, 2017
102 posts
684 upvotes
GTA and GVA (Back an…
Good deal all things considered. I would say for more entry level blending and cooking, the E320 from Costco is good, but if you value future use out of your blender and value the extended warranty, this is the way to go.

For my uses, the E320 covers almost all of the cooking and blending needs that I require, but the features on this one are nice if you think you’ll benefit from them.
Jun 20, 2009
589 posts
693 upvotes
edmonton
F$#@!!! Just when I thought my wallet was safe.... :0
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
2020 posts
327 upvotes
Ontario
Has anyone's shipped? Mine shows backordered on the status
Dec 20, 2018
320 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
Jabb wrote: Has anyone's shipped? Mine shows backordered on the status
I got mine on July 15th. It could be back ordered because a lot of people ordered it.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
2020 posts
327 upvotes
Ontario
teaguru wrote: I got mine on July 15th. It could be back ordered because a lot of people ordered it.
Thanks for the update! I ordered it at 8am, did you order later? I wonder if it was shipped out based on order timing.

EDIT: Spoke to them and backordered items will be shipped out the week of Aug 4

Also, is the 48oz container thats included a dry container or a wet one?
Dec 20, 2018
320 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
Jabb wrote: Thanks for the update! I ordered it at 8am, did you order later? I wonder if it was shipped out based on order timing.

EDIT: Spoke to them and backordered items will be shipped out the week of Aug 4

Also, is the 48oz container thats included a dry container or a wet one?
I ordered mine around noon. It might be that your colour is backordered. I got mine in slate.

The 48 oz is dry. 64 oz is wet.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
2020 posts
327 upvotes
Ontario
teaguru wrote: I ordered mine around noon. It might be that your colour is backordered. I got mine in slate.

The 48 oz is dry. 64 oz is wet.
Fair point! I got it in black so that's probably a popular colour....good to know that we get both a dry and a wet - solid deal!
Jun 20, 2009
589 posts
693 upvotes
edmonton
SizzleChest wrote: With tax factored in, it's an extra $258 over the e320 at its Costco sale price. I'm not sure why anyone would need 4 jars, but I certainly don't. The extra 3 years of warranty is nice. The other listed advantages don't mean much for me, but might be significant for others.
I returned my E320 and got this one because I was going to be getting the dry container anyways. The dry container for the E320 was around $200. So it was an extra $50-60 to future proof my blender, get the upgraded model with a better personal cup blade attachment + Bluetooth capability.

Most important factor: the E320 is obnoxiously LOUD. The Ascent is noticeably quieter. I can actually carry a conversation while the blender is on full blast now.

After using the ascent and using the app, I would NEVER go back to the E320.
Dec 20, 2018
320 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
dalaw wrote: I returned my E320 and got this one because I was going to be getting the dry container anyways. The dry container for the E320 was around $200. So it was an extra $50-60 to future proof my blender, get the upgraded model with a better personal cup blade attachment + Bluetooth capability.

Most important factor: the E320 is obnoxiously LOUD. The Ascent is noticeably quieter. I can actually carry a conversation while the blender is on full blast now.

After using the ascent and using the app, I would NEVER go back to the E320.
I agree the Ascent is more quiet. I had a 20% off birthday coupon for TSC. So I ended up paying $479.99 before taxes ($100 more than Costco). For me this was a better deal than the Costco one factoring in that it is an ascent and came with several attachments.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
2020 posts
327 upvotes
Ontario
teaguru wrote: I agree the Ascent is more quiet. I had a 20% off birthday coupon for TSC. So I ended up paying $479.99 before taxes ($100 more than Costco). For me this was a better deal than the Costco one factoring in that it is an ascent and came with several attachments.
wow deal of the century here! Happy birthday indeed.