563 posts
458 upvotes
Great deal. Thanks. Order one. :D
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2004
2003 posts
743 upvotes
Nepean
luis99 wrote: The Source has the Garmin Forerunner 305 running GPS for $199.99 + Tax & Shipping. This seems to be a pretty good price for this unit.

http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Produ ... ct=1917038
WOW!

If you go to http://www8.garmin.com/whatsNew/currentpromotions/

There is a coupon to get a $50 US rebate when you sign up for the powerbar newsletter. Unbelievable price after that.
Wrocky
Feb 20, 2006
563 posts
458 upvotes
now it is super hot deal. thanks for the rebate form. :D :D :D
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
1353 posts
237 upvotes
Wrocky wrote: WOW!

If you go to http://www8.garmin.com/whatsNew/currentpromotions/

There is a coupon to get a $75 US rebate when you sign up for the powerbar newsletter. Unbelievable price after that.
i believe it said
Receive a $50 rebate for the Forerunner 305 and a $75 rebate for the Edge 305 when you sign up for the POWERBAR
True RFD spirit, care about every PENNY.

"The tooth fairy teaches children that they can sell body parts for money."
Apr 26, 2006
124 posts
Markham
[quote="tempta" post_id="5354373" time="1184773130" user_id="51463"]i believe it said
Receive a $50 rebate for the Forerunner 305 and a $75 rebate for the Edge 305 when you sign up for the POWERBAR
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2004
2003 posts
743 upvotes
Nepean
lan-evolution wrote: So the links above are 2 seperate rebates?
Same Rebate .. bad math tempta.
Wrocky
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
1644 posts
222 upvotes
what can you do with a graphless GPS without bluetooth capability?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
1941 posts
9 upvotes
bigbug wrote: what can you do with a graphless GPS without bluetooth capability?
this one is for training, not for navigation.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
4998 posts
281 upvotes
Stoney Creek
I know the more expensive Edge 305 is meant for cyclists, but could this model be used for cycling also?
[OP]
Jun 21, 2006
52 posts
h00ch wrote: I know the more expensive Edge 305 is meant for cyclists, but could this model be used for cycling also?
I would have thought so... I know the edge lets you attach a cadence sensor though, and I don't think this one does. But if you don't use cadence, I would think it would be ok...
Mar 10, 2005
171 posts
h00ch wrote: I know the more expensive Edge 305 is meant for cyclists, but could this model be used for cycling also?
luis99 wrote: I would have thought so... I know the edge lets you attach a cadence sensor though, and I don't think this one does. But if you don't use cadence, I would think it would be ok...
From the gpsmart.ca description of forerunner 305:
Monitor your pedaling cadence as you ride with the purchase of the GSC 10. Like the heart rate monitor, this self-calibrating, wireless speed/cadence sensor uses the same robust wireless technology to measure and report your pedaling strokes per minute.

and from the GSC 10 page itself:
The GSC 10 is compatible with the Edge 305 and Forerunner 305 only.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17051 posts
9173 upvotes
Ottawa
Sure, all you need is some kind of donut mount.
<insert sig>
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2004
2003 posts
743 upvotes
Nepean
Yes, the ForeRunner 305 can be used for cycling as well. I have a ForeRunner 205, that I use. The issue with using a watch style is that it is very hard to read while you are riding. The design of the watch is to keep the receiver (the flat part of the watch) toward the sky during regular use, not the display, which is what you want when cycling.

I believe they do make a handlebar mount now for the ForeRunner 205/305. Or you could just use a piece of insulated pipewrap on your handlebar to mount it to.
Wrocky
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17051 posts
9173 upvotes
Ottawa
I just ordered this because I needed a new bike computer. This will be more useful than buying a dedicated computer.

I applied for the newsletter and here's the terms of the rebate
Send original receipt, UPC bar code and completed coupon to the following address:

Edge 305/Forerunner 305 Rebate/Garmin offer #07-71368; P.O. Box 540009; El Paso, TX 88554-0009

If you have questions about this offer, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

This coupon is redeemable only by residents of the United States and Canada and may not be combined with any other offer directly from Garmin. Rebates will be paid in U.S. dollars only. Recipient of the rebate pays all applicable taxes. Offer is valid only for purchases made by retail consumers between June 1, 2007 and November 30, 2007. Rebate paperwork must be postmarked by December 30, 2007.

Only the actual purchaser of the eligible Garmin products qualifies for this rebate offer. Garmin is not responsible for incomplete requests, loss in mail, postage due or C.O.D. receipts or any consequential damages and does recommend keeping a copy of your original receipt and rebate coupon for your records if mailing. Please allow 8 to 12 weeks to process your request.

Rebate offer is valid only when a customer purchases one of the units listed on the front of this coupon between June 1, 2007 and November 30, 2007
Garmin reserves the right to change the terms of this rebate offer or suspend this rebate offer at any time. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
The rebate looks good to go.

Good deal $178 for this unit after rebate and taxes
<insert sig>
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
4998 posts
281 upvotes
Stoney Creek
Thanks for all the replies guys. I already have an eTrex (the old yellow one) and a SP 2610 for the car, but this would be great for doing laps on my bike by the sounds of it. Not sure If I'd use the heart rate monitor, but for the price that doesn't really matter since after the rebate, it's still cheaper than the 205.

edit: unless of course, someone can tell me a way of keeping track of laps on my eTrex by downloading tracks into some kind of software. :) When the tracks are recorded, do they generally keep track of what time each point in the track was recorded?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2213 posts
626 upvotes
Canada
I looked in the user guide to see if this thing shows how fast you are going, but I can't find anything... it seems to me that it shows how long it takes you to do one mile/km (ie. X minutes per mile), but it doesnt show your speed (ie. Y miles per hour). Am I mistaken?
A bike computer shows how fast you're going... Does this unit show how fast you are going?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)