Expired Hot Deals

TSN Direct

Get 40% off a 6 months pass / $59.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2021 2:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2849 posts
2678 upvotes
Montreal, QC

Get 40% off a 6 months pass / $59.99

Deal Link:
Price:
59.99
Savings:
40% off
Expiry:
June 30, 2021
Retailer:
TSN Direct
Hey folks,

Just received this email this morning. I'm not sure if it's targeted or not. This deal is especially great for someone like me who loves watching tennis. It's very hard to find good free tennis streaming feeds, so TSN in HD is perfect. With Roland Garros ongoing and other tournaments in the next few months, timing can't be better.
Last edited by WillyBaldy on Jul 10th, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
137 replies
Newbie
Oct 21, 2017
7 posts
4 upvotes
Winnipeg
My TSN subscription expires later this month. I wanted to use this offer to extend my subscription, but it won't let me renew until the current subscription expires. I don't watch much TSN during the summer, especially if CFL is starting later this year. I'll probably let my subscription slide until hockey season starts in the fall. You'd have to think TSN would prefer to have my money in the bank today rather than my plan of letting my subscription expire.
Jr. Member
Aug 1, 2020
164 posts
83 upvotes
Durham, ON
willy0275 wrote: Hey folks,

Just received this email this morning. I'm not sure if it's targeted or not. This deal is especially great for someone like me who loves watching tennis. It's very hard to find good free tennis streaming feeds, so TSN in HD is perfect. With Rolland Garros ongoing and other tournaments in the next few months, timing can't be better.
I too am a huge tennis fan and just signed up for a 1 month subscription mainly for Roland Garros. This special will take me through the grass season and US Open and also take care of the NBA finals. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 3, 2006
4985 posts
2181 upvotes
Winnipeg
This offer expires on June 30th. So, if you want this for the Euros, you can wait until the first match before registering.

I'll be getting this for Euros and (fingers crossed) the CFL.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2849 posts
2678 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Jmcfee wrote: I'll probably let my subscription slide until hockey season starts in the fall.
Is there still a blackout for "local" games? I seem to remember I couldn't watch the Canadiens games because I was in Montréal or Québec. Do you know if this changed? I find this totally ridiculous.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 28, 2016
1577 posts
6013 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Just get iptv
What's in your wallet?
Newbie
Oct 21, 2017
7 posts
4 upvotes
Winnipeg
willy0275 wrote: Is there still a blackout for "local" games? I seem to remember I couldn't watch the Canadiens games because I was in Montréal or Québec. Do you know if this changed? I find this totally ridiculous.
Yes. I live in Winnipeg - Jets broadcast rights are with TSN - same as Montreal. If I want to watch Jets regional games on TV, I need to subscribe to TSN. And if I want to watch Jets games broadcast nationally (and playoff hockey), I need to have another subscription to NHL Live. Paying for both requires some rationalization and justification.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2849 posts
2678 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Jmcfee wrote: Yes. I live in Winnipeg - Jets broadcast rights are with TSN - same as Montreal. If I want to watch Jets regional games on TV, I need to subscribe to TSN. And if I want to watch Jets games broadcast nationally (and playoff hockey), I need to have another subscription to NHL Live. Paying for both requires some rationalization and justification.
Will a VPN bypass this? Let's say a use a VPN address in Toronto?
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Newbie
Oct 21, 2017
7 posts
4 upvotes
Winnipeg
willy0275 wrote: Will a VPN bypass this? Let's say a use a VPN address in Toronto?
I think it will.

The problem I've had with this is my smart TV (Sony Bravia) had an app for the VPN, but not (until just recently) for NHL Live. And there's still no TSN app availability on the Sony. So I had to watch NHL Live and TSN on the TV through my Apple TV box. It isn't an option on Apple TV. The Apple TV box doesn't recognize the VPN when it's on on the Sony TV. And there's no app for the VPN on Apple TV.

My tablet and phone were both able to get NHL TV through a VPN, but casting to the TV resulted in an unusable picture and buffering.

My TV did recently add the NHL Live app. I didn't get a chance to try it during the regular season and TSN doesn't broadcast during the playoffs, but the NHL Live won't work if the VPN is set to a USA location. It does if it's set to Canada. So I'm hopeful that I can see the whole season next year without 2 subscriptions. But I won't be able to do the final testing until next season starts.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
1401 posts
648 upvotes
Jmcfee wrote: My TSN subscription expires later this month. I wanted to use this offer to extend my subscription, but it won't let me renew until the current subscription expires. I don't watch much TSN during the summer, especially if CFL is starting later this year. I'll probably let my subscription slide until hockey season starts in the fall. You'd have to think TSN would prefer to have my money in the bank today rather than my plan of letting my subscription expire.
Can't you just sign up with another email address/account? You might have 2 overlapping subs at the same time, but would be short and lets you use this deal.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 27, 2006
1708 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto
For those that have parents with Rogers Ignite TV, you can also stream for free with their credentials.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 9, 2009
6240 posts
2252 upvotes
Montreal
willy0275 wrote: Is there still a blackout for "local" games? I seem to remember I couldn't watch the Canadiens games because I was in Montréal or Québec. Do you know if this changed? I find this totally ridiculous.
Yes, blackouts still apply. They're a necessary evil, unfortunately. The networks collectively pay billions of dollars for the rights to the games; without that money, the league would be in big trouble.

Also, TSN doesn't have the rights to playoff games. You won't be able to watch any NHL on hockey until the season starts again in the fall. So it's not worth getting this just for hockey.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 7, 2003
21285 posts
1389 upvotes
Shanghai, China
I'm guessing there's no record capability? I don't think SN Now has it either. Not really worth it if I can't watch the content live.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
9603 posts
10889 upvotes
Toronto
Sgt_Strider wrote: I'm guessing there's no record capability? I don't think SN Now has it either. Not really worth it if I can't watch the content live.
Yes, no record capability

You can watch on-demand games and TSN shows in the app

https://www.tsn.ca/video/on-demand

Top