Expired Contests

[Once] TSSDR Mega SSD Giveaway Week 1 – OCZ Vertex 4 512GB SSD (exp. Sept 9, 2012)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2012 11:21 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1957 posts
510 upvotes

TSSDR Mega SSD Giveaway Week 1 – OCZ Vertex 4 512GB SSD (exp. Sept 9, 2012)

Hey folks! Starting this week we will be giving away tons of SSDs of all sizes and form factors, including mSATA SSDs. Our first giveaway is a OCZ Vertex 4 512GB SSD and the link is here! lets see some Canadian winners!

Draw expires and another starts 9 Sep.

http://thessdreview.com/daily-news/late ... 512gb-ssd/
26 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8142 posts
11198 upvotes
Nice post... Wrong forum... This should be in "Contests"

"Our first draw will take place on Sunday September 9"... Hence, not a "Freebie"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1957 posts
510 upvotes
Ooops... Mod please move... Sorry!
Deal Expert
Dec 14, 2005
18178 posts
345 upvotes
Richmond
:arrow:

Moved from "Freebies" to "Contests"
Congrats to the Arsenal Ladies - The FA Women's Cup Winners 2013 :)
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106491 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Open to the U.S. - no thanks.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1957 posts
510 upvotes
We are a Canadian site (Southern Ontario) and it is open to the US and Canada. Lol... we wouldn't get any SSDs for Canada only!
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106491 upvotes
Richmond Hill
flamenko wrote: We are a Canadian site (Southern Ontario) and it is open to the US and Canada. Lol... we wouldn't get any SSDs for Canada only!
Just saying that it's not worth the effort for me to enter contests with both U.S. and Canada eligibility - the odds are just killer once you open it up to our neighbours from across the border. OTOH, if this were a Canada only contest, I'd be all over it.

I understand that your sponsors want to maximize the exposure for marketing purposes, and that's why you have to open it up to both.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1957 posts
510 upvotes
Can't say as I totally agree as SSDs are still a relatively new technology. How many entries do you think we will have by weeks end? Still far better odds than just about any other draw. Figure what....even with US involvement a 1/500 chance to win a 512GB drive for no cost whatsoever? Wow...can't beat them apples, especially when we have a ton more SSDs in upcoming weeks.

Wait... Actually, there has been AT LEAST one winner previously from here!
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106491 upvotes
Richmond Hill
flamenko wrote: Can't say as I totally agree as SSDs are still a relatively new technology. How many entries do you think we will have by weeks end? Still far better odds than just about any other draw. Figure what....even with US involvement a 1/500 chance to win a 512GB drive for no cost whatsoever? Wow...can't beat them apples, especially when we have a ton more SSDs in upcoming weeks.

Wait... Actually, there has been AT LEAST one winner previously from here!
Well, if it's a "once" entry contest, I can always wait until the final day and take a peak to see how many entries have gone in up to that point. (Speaking of which, can you please edit your post so that the frequency tag is up).

But if you've been on RFD as long as your join date indicates, then you'd know how apeshit everyone gets when a good SSD deal gets posted to the Hot Deals forum.

P.S. and while you at it, please edit your thread title to include the deadline date for entries to be submitted.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1264 posts
3997 upvotes
Duncan
OH I would love a chance at this , thanks
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8142 posts
11198 upvotes
One problem with the following requirement:

"Share our contest in some way, shape or form (ie. Twitter, your FB in a public post, or any other social site)"

RFD will get hit up big time, just like the last "Pizza Cutter" giveaway!

It's one thing to "like" us, but to have to flood sites promoting your site, just to be able to win something is a cheap way to get advertising.

Who's the REAL winner here... You are!

I've never been a fan of this kind of tactic, sorry!

Oh yeah, one last thing...

"The contest is open to residents of Canada and the USA"... Including or excluding Quebec?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1957 posts
510 upvotes
I can't say that I agree at all and there is no necessity for you, or anyone else, to enter. I am, in no way, the real winner as I don't gain anything but an incredibly large workload as a result. Temporary traffic is not a plus whatsoever as, if you are familiar with Google at all, they adjust your traffic accordingly. More hits from here = less Google hits. Thats a fact. To me, it is an opportunity to get and give out some free SSDs from many of the companies we have worked with in the past two years. In fact, a number of SSDs signify a loss as we will pay for their shipping.

It would be great for people to understand the difference between good nature and that of winning. You have been here for, well almost a year, so you should take a look and be able to see that there are people that try to help others out in different ways. I do it with SSDs. Thanks anyway.

Sorry...Including Quebec.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)