Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TTC Shop

Spend $75, Receive Free Presto Card (First 200)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2018 10:48 am
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto

Spend $75, Receive Free Presto Card (First 200)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
December 14, 2018
Retailer:
TTC Shop
Shop for holiday gifts at the TTC Shop and receive a gift from TTC and PRESTO

This holiday season, the TTC is giving you a chance to receive a free PRESTO card with eligible online purchase(s) at TTC Shop.*

The first two hundred (200) purchases of $75 CAD or more made between Saturday, December 1, 2018 and Friday, December 14, 2018, will be eligible to receive a free PRESTO card.

Please make sure to check the box indicating you’d like to receive your free PRESTO card at checkout. The card will be shipped to you with the TTC Shop item(s) you purchased.

The free PRESTO card will be activated so that once received, you can load a balance or purchase a TTC Monthly Pass or 12-Month Pass.

Remember, the Metropass will be discontinued as of December 31, 2018, so if you are a Metropass customer, now is the time to switch to PRESTO. More information on PRESTO at http://www.ttc.ca/presto.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
18 replies
Nov 29, 2013
667 posts
1025 upvotes
TORONTO
so you get a free card? with no money on it? how is this a hot deal?
Nov 14, 2017
20 posts
10 upvotes
And resell it for 6$?
Last edited by Henray on Dec 3rd, 2018 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 4, 2018
73 posts
82 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
If I remember correctly, when I took my Presto card back in May '18, I had to pay $6 for the card at Shoppers Drug Mart.
Loaded the card for $20 on the first transaction (at SDM) and the balance was $20 minus the fees of the card.
Im not sure if this has changed recently.

Edit: Thanks to the OP for the correction. Presto Card is $6.
Last edited by gsainath4u on Dec 3rd, 2018 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 22, 2015
878 posts
1184 upvotes
Toronto
I mean.... Idk, maybe its just me, but everything on their store feels overpriced so I would feel bad spending that much money and all I got back is an empty Presto card.
Jul 14, 2012
85 posts
157 upvotes
BURLINGTON
Have presto cards always been 6 dollars? I don't remember paying for mine years ago.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7972 posts
9093 upvotes
Toronto
l0ln00b wrote: Have presto cards always been 6 dollars? I don't remember paying for mine years ago.
Always... under you got it as a freebie in one of the events

This is a good deal... not lava hot, but a good deal nonetheless... thanks OP for your contribution!

If you are a newbie to the Presto card, don't be a d-bag and downvote this thread with your ignorance
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Nov 10, 2007
481 posts
111 upvotes
toronto
How does presto work can u buy it like a monthly ttc pass if u put the cosy of a ttc pass on it? Unlimited rides for the month?
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2004
4451 posts
250 upvotes
supplementking wrote: How does presto work can u buy it like a monthly ttc pass if u put the cosy of a ttc pass on it? Unlimited rides for the month?
you just load the monthly pass on the presto card and swipe with the presto card.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2913 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
supplementking wrote: How does presto work can u buy it like a monthly ttc pass if u put the cosy of a ttc pass on it? Unlimited rides for the month?
Yeah you can load a monthly pass and even the MDP (well, they are not calling it MDP, but works the same way, 12 month pass) on presto.

Unlimited, but it'll only work on the TTC network (subway, bus, streetcars), so if you need to change to other company's you'll need extra funds on your card.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Feb 23, 2008
886 posts
87 upvotes
The presto card should be free or near free instead of $6 just to be able to load money. The card is more like $0.06 or $0.60 not $6 to produce and stack in a kiosk machine. They should be encouraging people to use transit and not discourage and forcing by paying to get a card at a rip off price.

I don't recall paying for the Oyster card when we were in London or the disposable cards in NYC or in Hong Kong or Korea when I've used their transit systems. How they can justify this charge is beyond me but having to charge early adopters and perhaps they can eliminate the cost when it is rolled out but they should spread out the cost over 20 years instead of 5 years
Sep 6, 2008
117 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
bolmsted wrote: The presto card should be free or near free instead of $6 just to be able to load money. The card is more like $0.06 or $0.60 not $6 to produce and stack in a kiosk machine. They should be encouraging people to use transit and not discourage and forcing by paying to get a card at a rip off price.

I don't recall paying for the Oyster card when we were in London or the disposable cards in NYC or in Hong Kong or Korea when I've used their transit systems. How they can justify this charge is beyond me but having to charge early adopters and perhaps they can eliminate the cost when it is rolled out but they should spread out the cost over 20 years instead of 5 years
I agree with you Presto should be cheaper or free, but both the Oyster card and NY metro card cost money. NY is a $1 and it expires, while a visitor Oyster card is 5 pounds, which is even more expensive than a Presto (although the regular Oyster you can get a refund if you return it). The TTC should have used an open payment system from the beginning, it's provincial politicians that forced this system onto us.
Aug 21, 2011
67 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
I rather like a deal for load 200 dollars and receive a free presto card more reasonable. for these overprice ttc gift to get free card? no.
Feb 12, 2016
51 posts
24 upvotes
bolmsted wrote: The presto card should be free or near free instead of $6 just to be able to load money. The card is more like $0.06 or $0.60 not $6 to produce and stack in a kiosk machine. They should be encouraging people to use transit and not discourage and forcing by paying to get a card at a rip off price.

Your memory must be from the future or something because ALL of those transit systems require you to pay for the card. Some are even more expensive than presto card. Honestly, its a 1 time purchase and saves ttc from printing thousands of metropasses. Theyre also testing single use tickets so if youre a visitor, you can just buy those instead once they release that. I find presto super useful since i go out to the GTA often and also travel back to Ottawa sometimes too.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
tf57119 wrote: I rather like a deal for load 200 dollars and receive a free presto card more reasonable. for these overprice ttc gift to get free card? no.
Metropass Discount Plan members got free Presto cards ;)
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote: Metropass Discount Plan members got free Presto cards ;)
How? I was on the MDP until they stopped sending in November, and I don't recall anything about getting a free card.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
appleb wrote: How? I was on the MDP until they stopped sending in November, and I don't recall anything about getting a free card.
Besides getting the $12 credit, per month to offset purchasing a card at the retail price, they said you would receive a $6 credit to purchase a new Presto card if you stayed until the end. It's all in the paperwork they mailed out.
RedFlagDeals Addict