Toronto - free masks at various TTC stations

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2020 3:34 am
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
2931 posts
1779 upvotes
lol what times are they there usually or is it random?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3572 posts
1009 upvotes
Toronto
Not to be that guy but I don’t trust someone handing me a mask unless I know 100% that they are sanitary
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
4971 posts
3258 upvotes
Got a free mask last week, but didn't catch the name brand. Anyway, I just used this freebie on Saturday and it was the worst fitting disposable mask I've tried since the pandemic started. For my face it was too big and left huge gaps. The metal nose strip was very poor quality and didn't bend well for adjustments.

I've heard the free masks given out at Costco from the brand BYD are of excellent quality. I hope TTC starts handing those out instead because I've heard only good things about them.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1805 posts
1156 upvotes
Canada
Mr_Fanta wrote: Got a free mask last week, but didn't catch the name brand. Anyway, I just used this freebie on Saturday and it was the worst fitting disposable mask I've tried since the pandemic started. For my face it was too big and left huge gaps. The metal nose strip was very poor quality and didn't bend well for adjustments.

I've heard the free masks given out at Costco from the brand BYD are of excellent quality. I hope TTC starts handing those out instead because I've heard only good things about them.
US BYD sells general purpose non-medical masks (the stuff Costco hands out), ASTM Level 2 and ASTM Level 3 masks, along with KN95 and N95 masks.
In Canada, only the ASTM Level 2, KN95 and N95 are available for sale. Costco Canada likely piggybacked the US Costco order which is why they can give away the non-medical masks that are not available here.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)