Tulip festival in Ottawa

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2019 9:31 pm
Aug 20, 2017
94 posts
70 upvotes

Tulip festival in Ottawa

Hi All !

I read that there is Tulip Festival in Ottawa, 10th may to 20th. We are thinking of going but wanted to get inputs on what else is to do around Ottawa. We do have a 3 year old with us and any tips like where to stay, local transit, places to eat, things to do / see while drive from Toronto to Ottawa will help. If this has been discussed, just point me to that post please. I did do a search but did not see any such notes.

Thanks a lot in advance !

Swammingo
3 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41792 posts
30052 upvotes
Center of Universe
You can stay anywhere within the city and get downtown within a 15min drive, so no need to stay in the downtown core.
In terms of what else to do, I would suggest Rideau Centre and the Byward Market afterwards.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Tulip Festival is right at Dow's Lake. I would go have a Beaver Tail at the Dow's Lake pavilion (the best ones are just the cinnamon sugar with a squeeze of lemon juice - all the other ones just take away from it IMO). You can stroll down Preston Street (Little Italy) for a meal.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4047 posts
3277 upvotes
Ottawa
Museums for the little one? Nature Museum is a short drive from downtown or Science and Technology is a bit further. If you need some relaxing time, check out the park behind the Museum of History next to the river and looking at the Parliament from the back side. Oh yeah, the History Museum has a Children's Museum inside so it will be a good place to visit (we had been there many times).

If you go to the Byward Market, there's a Rocky Mountain ice cream shop Winking Face

I also found out that you had just returned from the DC trip and already planning the next trip to Ottawa, Looks like you're on a roll Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Just keep in mind that you'll probably make similar trips again when the kid grows up since he/she won't remember much of anything at this age. By that time you'd have had some experiences with these trips Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)