Travel

Tumi.com now shipping to Canada: Anyone tried it???

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2012 9:42 pm
[OP]
Jul 22, 2006
2 posts
Priddis

Tumi.com now shipping to Canada: Anyone tried it???

Hi everyone,

I see that tumi.com's online store now offers shipping to Canada. For some of their less common pieces, this could be convenient. The service says they use some type of UPS shipping. Flat rate of $40 for shipping plus an extra amount to cover taxes and duties (a $300 item added ~$15 extra).

So, I'm wondering if anyone has tried ordering from tumi.com yet? Did UPS show up and just hand over your package, or did they have their had stuck out wanting even more money (the dreaded brokerage fee)?

Chris.

Link to Tumi's Canadian shipping description:
http://www.tumi.com/helpdesk/index.jsp? ... ernational
4 replies
Jun 28, 2012
2 posts
SCARBOROUGH
I think Tumi luggage are over rated, they don't even look nice compare to other brands. The worst part is they are heavy. Airlines are lowering our luggage allowance, heavy luggage just don't make sens.

Almost every Factory Outlets has Tumi stores with big discount, if you really like Tumi bag, try their stores at factory outlets, no need to pay big $ to UPS and tax.
Have you look into Heyes luggage ?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
20528 posts
13919 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Also, there warranty is basically the same as most of the other brands - ie they cover it for X number of years but won't fix anything under warranty during that time period.

If you are going to pay that kind of money, get something that will last a lifetime and have a warranty that will ensure that it does.
[OP]
Jul 22, 2006
2 posts
Priddis
Thanks for the advice.

Anyone have an answer to my tumi.com shipping question?

Chris.
Banned
Dec 4, 2010
288 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Why don't you call Tumi to find out about shipping. Have you try Holt Renfrew store in Canada ? They carry Tumi luggage.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)