[OP]
Jan 8, 2010
144 posts
150 upvotes

Tumi Semi-Annual Sale - Up to 30% Off

Retailer:
Tumi
https://ca.tumi.com/c/sale/

Lots of products on sale including luggage from the Alpha, V3, Voyaguer, and Merge lines.

Shipping link is broken right now but I believe it's $20 flat rate. Sale should also be available in-store.

These are not bargain prices by any means, and yes you can get way cheaper luggage out there, but it's decent prices for anyone who wants Tumi/higher-end luggage.
16 replies
Apr 6, 2017
371 posts
434 upvotes
Super super poor quality. I have had multiple suit cases and bags made of ballistic nylon just shred and fray over time.
Dec 12, 2009
330 posts
109 upvotes
got a Tumi laptop bag over 20 yrs ago to look important when I was travelling for work. The bag was well made and fashionable and it still looks good now. Would I buy another one? Nope, too expensive and I don't need to look pretentious anymore.
Apr 26, 2009
343 posts
241 upvotes
Calgary
I have two laptop bags and a backpack. Never had issues with the ballistic nylon but I have had the plastic clips break.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
10842 posts
4343 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
tfong010 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 2:21 pm
Super super poor quality. I have had multiple suit cases and bags made of ballistic nylon just shred and fray over time.
Ballistic nylon by itself isn't to blame - it's a good material as long as the RIGHT GRADE is used for the job. If the manufacturer uses a sub-standard grade of ballistic nylon, it's going to fray and come apart. They have to use a much higher grade for durability.
Apr 6, 2017
371 posts
434 upvotes
My suitecases, laptop bags and wallets all Tumi. Each and every one frayed.
Oct 26, 2011
71 posts
98 upvotes
Vancouver
sunnysideup1 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 1:30 pm
...but it's decent prices for anyone who wants Tumi/higher-end luggage.
I wish people would stop equating expensive to mean 'high-end'. Tumi as a brand is not 'higher-quality', which is what 'high-end' should mean.

A better way to think is that with Tumi you're pre-paying for 3 units, with free replacement.
Nov 3, 2010
11 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought a Tumi sling bag for travelling 5 years ago and it looks fantastic to this day. The quality was there back in the day, at least for my experience.
Images
  • IMG_20190601_125258.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1272 posts
310 upvotes
I’ve had a Tumi ballistic nylon weekender bag for 10yrs and I use it whenever I go traveling (especially as a shoulder carry-on) and it still looks as new. Maybe the quality has changed now but it certainly was very good back then.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2389 posts
397 upvotes
Ottawa
Have a large Tumi duffle bag for travel. Strap is too short to wear cross body, and the pad is horrifically small and digs into your shoulder. I will never use it again for travel. Tried getting longer strap or pad. Not available. Useless.
Feb 11, 2019
171 posts
128 upvotes
ON
GerardOD wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 3:08 pm
A better way to think is that with Tumi you're pre-paying for 3 units, with free replacement.
So basically like Macbooks
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2768 posts
160 upvotes
Tumi used to be of higher quality and awesome brand. Then slowly the quality deteriorated and the destruction of the brand was complete with the takeover by Samsonite. Now Tumi is just another mass market consumer brand in Samsonite's stable.
Aug 16, 2015
318 posts
75 upvotes
Ajax, ON
tfong010 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 2:21 pm
I actually love their quality, the bags are amazing! Got a messenger bag as a gift and it is still like new after 4 months of constant usage.