• May 25th, 2020 4:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4575 upvotes
Alberta

Turbo Tax 2019 *Sched. AB (S14) Programming Error

Just an FYI - I just checked my CRA Account and on my assessment they said that they denied my Climate Action Incentive of $666. I know that I didn't apply for it. In Turbo Tax 2019 on form Sched. AB (S14), there is a check mark where it says "Check this box to claim the Climate Action Incentive on your return. Turbo Tax put the $666 amount on line 45110 of my return, which I didn't notice. Also in my CRA Account, they do not allow you to change this amount but they already deleted the $666 amount. I'm not sure if this has been fixed in one of the updates to Turbo Tax as my return was sent in on April 20.

My wife, daughter and sons tax returns all have this amount on line 45110. I checked their CRA accounts and the $666 credit is approved on all 3 of them. There is an "X" in the Claim CAI box on Sched AB (14).

UPDATE: I just updated Turbo Tax and opened our tax returns and the "X" is now removed from Sched AB(14). But the $666 still shows up on line 45110.
1 reply
Mar 23, 2004
42940 posts
8910 upvotes
Markham
I found 2 errors from them this year:

(1) Giving someone CWB although the person+spouse's income is over the threshold. Called in, and their system was updated to correct the error the next day.
(2) The HBP repayment amount did not get deducted against RRSP contribution on T1 in Forms mode, so the entire RRSP contribution amount showed up there. Have to do it through Easy Step mode to get the correct number to show up. Called in last Sat, still not fixed as of now.

I likely wont use them next year. I gave StudioTax a try but their RRSP/HBP section is very manual as well, although it's not difficult to calculate the correct amounts :lol: