Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Turkey Oven Hot! WD EasyStore 8TB $149.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2020 8:53 pm
Deal Addict
May 26, 2005
1040 posts
965 upvotes
GVRD

[Best Buy] Turkey Oven Hot! WD EasyStore 8TB $149.99

Black Friday sale on WD 8TB EasyStore external, shuckable! Should be Red/White CMR drives inside.

About the same-ish cost per TB as the 12TB one listed here: Your text to link here....

EDIT: RFD affiliate link does not show 149.99 price, try https://bit.ly/3mfU1WT or searching on BB website.
Last edited by roastpuff on Nov 27th, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
75 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2007
2048 posts
2740 upvotes
Canada
Shows as 169.99 for me.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2005
1040 posts
965 upvotes
GVRD
Try again, it's glitching as there's another sale ending tomorrow that was $169.99

Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2623 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
Teletran wrote: Shows as 169.99 for me.
Me too, but open in an incognito/private window and you get $149.99. sneaky BB.
Nov 24, 2019
445 posts
526 upvotes
Saskatoon
There's two different models of this hard drive listed, one ending in NESE and one in NESN. Anybody know what the difference is? Both are showing 149.99 for me now
Nov 21, 2012
712 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
For clarification, am I correct to assume most WD external drives require the 3.3V mod when shucking?
Jul 6, 2014
476 posts
444 upvotes
Nepean, ON
I came in to look an oven to cook turkey!
Aug 19, 2013
157 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
AsianXL wrote: Unfortunately, there is no RAID, if this thing fails, all your data are gone. Unlike Synology, and Google Photos, no facial recognition AI software built-in to group photos that you backup. I'd pass as a Google Photos replacement or if you're serious about backing up your data.

I'd spend more and get a decent NAS.
People usually shuck these to put them in their NAS. They are basically NAS rated Red drives but have a white label and almost half the price.
Dec 21, 2012
490 posts
865 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
AsianXL wrote: Unfortunately, there is no RAID, if this thing fails, all your data are gone. Unlike Synology, and Google Photos, no facial recognition AI software built-in to group photos that you backup. I'd pass as a Google Photos replacement or if you're serious about backing up your data.

I'd spend more and get a decent NAS.
And how do you suppose you would store your data on that "decent NAS"?
Dec 21, 2012
490 posts
865 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
obscura wrote: For clarification, am I correct to assume most WD external drives require the 3.3V mod when shucking?
Yes, unless you have a NAS that supports 3.3V, like Synology.
Oct 30, 2018
91 posts
93 upvotes
SaskCanesFan wrote: There's two different models of this hard drive listed, one ending in NESE and one in NESN. Anybody know what the difference is? Both are showing 149.99 for me now
I'd like to know this as well. Can't find any definitive answers.
Dec 8, 2004
809 posts
131 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
AsianXL wrote: Not having RAID scares me. How can anyone entrust their years worth of memorable photos and videos, and other data on a single hard drive that can fail at any time. That's when you'll spend at least $3000 just to recover it by pros.

I'd rather spend $600-700 up front for a decent NAS with 2 decent size hard drives with far superior performance and a peace of mind that my data will be safe (unless my house burns down or a flood incurs).

Data backup is a long term investment.
Synology's cloud solution is $10/year for 100GB of storage. Spend the $600 upfront for a decent NAS, then spend the extra $10/year for the peace of mind if your house burns/floods.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3907 posts
2336 upvotes
Ottawa
AsianXL wrote: Not having RAID scares me. How can anyone entrust their years worth of memorable photos and videos, and other data on a single hard drive that can fail at any time. That's when you'll spend at least $3000 just to recover it by pros.

I'd rather spend $600-700 up front for a decent NAS with 2 decent size hard drives with far superior performance and a peace of mind that my data will be safe (unless my house burns down or a flood incurs).

Data backup is a long term investment.
For anyone else reading this, just remember that RAID is NOT a backup.

It will not protect you against ransomwared, accidental file deletion, etc.

RAID is more for failover/uptime, so you can still continue as before when a drive fails.
Nov 20, 2017
81 posts
63 upvotes
Am I the only one who cringes when someone refers to extracting a hard drive as "shucking"? Leave it to a term for handling oysters ugh
Apr 14, 2011
5 posts
Would shucking this to use as an internal HDD be a problem since the risk of complete data loss is higher without RAID? And what would similar options but with RAID look like?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)