Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 26, 2009
210 posts
64 upvotes
Stittsville

Tuxmat.ca

Has anyone used car mats from this manufacturer.i am looking to purchase a set for my vehicle, findway don't have mats for Sienna, Weather Tech and Husky don't cover much.

Tuxmat.ca
12 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
12193 posts
8919 upvotes
GTA, ON
kaka55 wrote: Has anyone used car mats from this manufacturer.i am looking to purchase a set for my vehicle, findway don't have mats for Sienna, Weather Tech and Husky don't cover much.

Tuxmat.ca
Reviving an old thread that strangely enough, no one replied to?!

Looking for some custom floor liners for a new Civic. Anyone have any reviews for this brand?
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
12193 posts
8919 upvotes
GTA, ON
Anyone?

I would prefer not to be the first Guinea Pig.

Banned
Mar 11, 2016
2081 posts
867 upvotes
I have had the weathertech in 3 vehicles .. I just looked at these and they seem a bit less expensive than the weathertech however I have one concern....Looking at the zoom image of the front mats. I do not see much in the design that would keep the snow and shite from melting and running off the back of the mat onto your carpet....the weathertech at least has a lip that will hold most of it in...if you shake the snow out of the mat occasionally then it is a non issue...not so sure about this design
[OP]
Sep 26, 2009
210 posts
64 upvotes
Stittsville
I ended up ordering custom mats fory Sienna from China. For $145 US I got some great mats that cover all 3 rows.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
12193 posts
8919 upvotes
GTA, ON
Fjr2005 wrote: I have had the weathertech in 3 vehicles .. I just looked at these and they seem a bit less expensive than the weathertech however I have one concern....Looking at the zoom image of the front mats. I do not see much in the design that would keep the snow and shite from melting and running off the back of the mat onto your carpet....the weathertech at least has a lip that will hold most of it in...if you shake the snow out of the mat occasionally then it is a non issue...not so sure about this design
Not sure why none of these companies make their liners with deep pockets similar to the Michelin universal mats to catch and hold water. All them tend to just have a bunch of grooves that don't trap liquid but let it slosh around.

The extra lip in the custom liners should only be there to protect against and overflow of snow and crap.

Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
12193 posts
8919 upvotes
GTA, ON
koffey wrote: http://www.civicx.com/threads/tuxmat-li ... dded.9438/

These liners got a glowing review from a poster and they appear to cover more area than the competition. I'm actually thinking about trying them out. Leather...
I saw that same review. I'm definitely interested, was just seeing if anyone here on RFD has used this brand before. I've always trusted the RFD community. My only concern is the durability of the synthetic leather top over a harder plastic or rubber when it comes to winter salt.

Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14771 posts
9190 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote: I saw that same review. I'm definitely interested, was just seeing if anyone here on RFD has used this brand before. I've always trusted the RFD community. My only concern is the durability of the synthetic leather top over a harder plastic or rubber when it comes to winter salt.
Yea, I was thinking the same thing. From thinking about it, synthetic leather is pretty durable, withstands the elements and maintains shape. I don't see how these mats can get more abuse than shoes. My other option is the findway mats, but they do not look like the coverage is even close to the tuxmats.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
12193 posts
8919 upvotes
GTA, ON
koffey wrote: Yea, I was thinking the same thing. From thinking about it, synthetic leather is pretty durable, withstands the elements and maintains shape. I don't see how these mats can get more abuse than shoes. My other option is the findway mats, but they do not look like the coverage is even close to the tuxmats.
I was considering the Weathertech's but they're $70 + tax more expensive and the coverage only goes up halfway, which is useless IMO. If these are durable then I will totally pick these up. Too bad they're out of stock for the Civic. Their office is close to where I live so I might just spin around when I have a chance and take a closer look.

I'm also thinking about getting a set for my '12 Tucson. I've got salt all over the carpet and now I have the fun job of trying to scrub it out in the Spring.

Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14771 posts
9190 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote: I was considering the Weathertech's but they're $70 + tax more expensive and the coverage only goes up halfway, which is useless IMO. If these are durable then I will totally pick these up. Too bad they're out of stock for the Civic. Their office is close to where I live so I might just spin around when I have a chance and take a closer look.

I'm also thinking about getting a set for my '12 Tucson. I've got salt all over the carpet and now I have the fun job of trying to scrub it out in the Spring.
If you do decide to swing over, please update the thread, I would love to hear your feedback. I've had WTs in my other rides and I'm tired of trying to sell them off afterwards. I still get salt water between the door sill and WT liner gap. If I don't plan on keeping this ride, spending $300+ is stupid on my part.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
Sep 26, 2009
210 posts
64 upvotes
Stittsville
I have also used findway on my previous vehicle and was very happy with those as well. Much cheaper than weather tech.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
12193 posts
8919 upvotes
GTA, ON
kaka55 wrote: I have also used findway on my previous vehicle and was very happy with those as well. Much cheaper than weather tech.
I'm checking them out too. The Fineway set is $100 vs Tuxmat $200 vs Weathertech $270. They're local as well to me so pick-up is free, but for those not local, looking at a minimum $15 shipping, whereas Tuxmat is free-shipping. Their pictures however don't look like the side lip goes up very high.