Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2007
1039 posts
159 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario

TV for family room?

Looking to replace our 55” 15 year old television. Much prefer buying from Costco. We use this tv mostly for watching movies with the kids, no gaming other than an older WiiU.

Can we get anything decent for >$500? Or do I need to bump up the budget?

I’ve read reviews and suggestions on the Hot Deals threads for televisions and it’s a bit overwhelming for a non techie like me.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2012
2212 posts
546 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
You can keep an eye out for Vizio M Series TV at costco. They go in and out so you might have to keep an eye out.

They are great TVs at very reasonable price
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3871 posts
3431 upvotes
Markham
https://www.amazon.ca/TCL-55S425-CA-Ult ... 07DXRQHRJ/
Immediately available @$550

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/tc ... a/13185852
Back order @$400

I have been happily using this model since BF Sale last year.
My previous TV was a 7-year old LG plasma TV.

I do not game. Merely watching Netflix, Youtube, PrimeVideo, and Hoopla (movies borrowed online from a public library) channels available from this Roku TV, local TV channels via an antenna, and media from a connected Android TV-box.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
6251 posts
2889 upvotes
Durham
Mr_Dogg wrote: You can keep an eye out for Vizio M Series TV at costco. They go in and out so you might have to keep an eye out.

They are great TVs at very reasonable price
Vizio ... they're no longer available online at costco.ca .... you need to go into the store. Only stores have them but it looks like they are trying to phase out the brand. So if one store does not carry it ... try another costco location.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)