• Jul 23rd, 2020 8:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21962 posts
1745 upvotes
Shanghai, China

TV stand for computer use?

I've seen this on CBC where a reporter was using a TV as a computer monitor. It was attached to a stand that allowed the TV to be placed just behind the desk. I'm looking for something similar for use with a 65" TV. Anyone have an idea where to look for such a stand?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2003
2014 posts
347 upvotes
COU
There are all kinds of them. Kanto probably makes the best, but they can be expensive:

https://www.kantomounts.com/product-category/tv-mounts/

Look around for sales. Amazon or Staples are good for a look.

edit: I should add. be very careful about clearance and look at the specs carefully wrt load limit and the type of vesa mount. Kanto comes with all kinds of different mounting screw sizes.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7484 posts
4114 upvotes
Debtario
I can't speak highly enough about Kanto, you're paying for excellent quality and very sturdy construction.

I have this MTM-65PL from costco https://www.costco.ca/kanto-mtm65pl-mob ... 57215.html

I use it for the living room because I didn't want one of those wide coffee table TV stands, can't wall mount it, and the 2 plastic feet included with the TV were a joke and felt like a tipping hazard. Fully height adjustable, has a little shelf that could support a tiny PC or laptop, and the wheeled base makes it a breeze to move around the room, the legs may be able to fit into the footwell behind my desk to use as a monitor but I haven't tried that yet.

Apparently these are very popular for portable presentations since it can extend to person height, can hold basic computer equipment on the unit, and it simple to disassemble and transport.

Otherwise you're only option is to place the desk facing a wall mount the TV low on the wall, or make some kind of jig that can support the TV but attach to the back of the desk like a monitor arm.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21962 posts
1745 upvotes
Shanghai, China
You guys are the best. That's a very good starting point. I'll make a decision by the end of this week.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2034 posts
1092 upvotes
I would also look into PrimeCables.ca for another possible purchasing site. They are pretty much the Canadian version of Monoprice with good products for a cheaper price. Just got my 55” LED up on my full articulating wall mount and love it for my tv/computer needs. The only thing I will complain about were the screws provided to secure the mount into the wall studs. The screws easily stripped when trying to use the drill to screw them into wall and had to slowly screw/turn by hand with a ratchet instead.
[external link removed]