• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2019 8:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2002
1355 posts
115 upvotes

TV Wall Mount Reccomendation

First new TV in over a decade and need a recommendation on a mounting a 85" Sony on an articulating mount. Concerned about the stability when moving the TV and the mounts ability to maintain the TV level when extended.

I've narrowed it down to:
Sanus from Costco, https://www.costco.ca/sanus-slf226-b3-f ... 61444.html

Prime Cable, https://www.primecables.ca/p-359307-cab ... rimecables

Monoprice from PC, https://www.primecables.ca/p-359030-cab ... -monoprice
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
9663 posts
5048 upvotes
Paris
Got the Sanus for a buddy with a 55”. Seems solid and I’d buy for myself.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12114 posts
7002 upvotes
Markham
As long as it's within specs, buy the cheaper one ie Primecables.

If you don't need to articulate it much, I probably wouldn't. ie Usually most people just tilt it left/right....don't usually need to extend it out. How far do you intend on articulating it?
FYI if you don't need that full swivel, I'd pick a different mount.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1914 posts
1123 upvotes
Just to note, we have a Primecable articulating mount on a heavier 70" at my work It gets moved 5-10 times a month (angled out - so one arm extended) and over the last year or 2, the extended arm has worn and tv is no longer leveled.

That said, I have the same mount on a 47" at home with no issues, but it gets moved maybe a handful of times a year. Personally I always feel like I'm going to break the TV moving it and that's only 47". With a panel twice the size, while I'm sure it's fine but I personally wouldn't do it.

For our commerial AV projects, we always use Peerless.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
9663 posts
5048 upvotes
Paris
gr8dlr wrote: As long as it's within specs, buy the cheaper one ie Primecables.

If you don't need to articulate it much, I probably wouldn't. ie Usually most people just tilt it left/right....don't usually need to extend it out. How far do you intend on articulating it?
FYI if you don't need that full swivel, I'd pick a different mount.
Mine sits over my tv stand and pulls out to sit flush with the front of it and has since 2007. It’s about 16-20” from the wall at all times. My Polk speakers are the same depth.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1615 posts
357 upvotes
Vancouver
I would recommend Kanto and the next being Sanus, both from Costco.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 15, 2007
5154 posts
2576 upvotes
sandy_beach wrote: I would recommend Kanto and the next being Sanus, both from Costco.
+1. I have a full motion Kanto for a 75”. Solid as a rock
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2002
1355 posts
115 upvotes
Thanks for all the replies, i'll probably end up with a Kanto or Sanus from Costco.

I don't necessarily need the articulating, but price wise a good quality articulating isn't much more than a fix/tilt mount from the same manufacturer. So I don't mind spending the money for the once or twice a year I might use it.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1565 posts
549 upvotes
Toronto
Kenneth wrote: Thanks for all the replies, i'll probably end up with a Kanto or Sanus from Costco.

I don't necessarily need the articulating, but price wise a good quality articulating isn't much more than a fix/tilt mount from the same manufacturer. So I don't mind spending the money for the once or twice a year I might use it.
Same boat as you, assuming you also got a TV from BF. I ended up getting a Kanto FMX3 for my 65" - pretty highly recommended and great reviews. I have a Sanus full motion upstairs for our 49" QLED and it's a bit tough to move. The way I figure, since it's Costco I can easily return if not happy with it