Expired Hot Deals

[Twitch Prime] 22 classic NeoGeo games will be given away starting on May 26

  • Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2020 11:02 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 28, 2010
894 posts
572 upvotes

22 classic NeoGeo games will be given away starting on May 26

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Twitch Prime
While some of SNK games on PC are straight ROM dumps (some on Humble Bundle or GOG) or poorly emulated (anything handled by DotEmu) there are 4 ports worth people's time: The King of Fighters '97 Global Match, Samurai Shodown V Special, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, and The Last Blade 2. These games were ported or recently patched by Code Mystics (a Vancouver dev Maple Leaf) and they feature rollback netcode. This technology allows players at longer distance to have playable multiplayer matches. While on games like Tekken 7 or DBFZ an out-of-provice match is unplayable, on games like Samurai Shodown 5sp I've played people from continent to continent without a hitch. It's magical.

Anyhow, these are the first games being given away, I'll update the OP as more are added:
  • Art of Fighting 2
  • Fatal Fury Special
  • The King of Fighters 2000
  • The King of Fighters 2002
  • Samurai Shodown II
  • Blazing Star
  • Pulstar
14 replies
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 28, 2010
894 posts
572 upvotes
The first batch are all awful DotEmu ports, unfortunately.
Jr. Member
Nov 24, 2013
131 posts
39 upvotes
MAPLE
Hoard! Anyone experiencing game lag (audio and video)? It's lagging for me in full and windows mode (gtx1070).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2003
2324 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto
Can somebody clear this up for me? I thought you use Twitch to stream yourself playing a game from your PC. Does Twitch sell games like Steam? Maybe I'm blind but I went to Twitch's website and I couldn't find the answer. Thanks.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Jr. Member
Feb 13, 2004
138 posts
156 upvotes
ds2chan wrote: Can somebody clear this up for me? I thought you use Twitch to stream yourself playing a game from your PC. Does Twitch sell games like Steam? Maybe I'm blind but I went to Twitch's website and I couldn't find the answer. Thanks.
If you have an Amazon Prime account, you can sign up for Twitch and link it to your Amazon account to get free stuffs.
Lots of free games and also in game items for popular titles.
Jr. Member
Nov 24, 2013
131 posts
39 upvotes
MAPLE
Not sure if you can directly go there but here is the link: https://twitch.amazon.com/tp. If you have amazon prime membership that is. Amazon has its own game app now (I used to install the game from twitch app). You will still see your previous games. I feel Amazon maybe wants to enter game business (and that's a good thing for any prime members).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2003
2324 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto
JaXeN wrote: If you have an Amazon Prime account, you can sign up for Twitch and link it to your Amazon account to get free stuffs.
Lots of free games and also in game items for popular titles.
Ah, got it.

Could you please answer one more question? Do I have to install a software first before I could play the games? I assume yes. Sorry, I was just wondering. I have Amazon Prime but I don't have a Twitch account yet. Thanks.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 14, 2009
2223 posts
1243 upvotes
GTA
ncdealseeker wrote: Not sure if you can directly go there but here is the link: https://twitch.amazon.com/tp. If you have amazon prime membership that is. Amazon has its own game app now (I used to install the game from twitch app). You will still see your previous games. I feel Amazon maybe wants to enter game business (and that's a good thing for any prime members).
Friend, Amazon already in the gaming business. They are releasing a MMO called New World soon.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Game-Stud ... B07GB3ZV9M
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 14, 2009
2223 posts
1243 upvotes
GTA
ntchris wrote: is this for amazon prime member only?
Yes,

Twitch Prime and Amazon prime are connected.
Jr. Member
Feb 13, 2004
138 posts
156 upvotes
ds2chan wrote: Ah, got it.

Could you please answer one more question? Do I have to install a software first before I could play the games? I assume yes. Sorry, I was just wondering. I have Amazon Prime but I don't have a Twitch account yet. Thanks.
You will need a twitch account and and an Amazon Prime account - when you connect the two, your Twitch becomes a "Twitch Prime" account.
Every month, Amazon releases free games and in-game loot for various titles. What's offered for free at any one time is temporary, but once you add it to your account, it's in your "library" forever - similar to how all of the other games services works.

You will need the Twitch client or Amazon Games software to download and install games in your library.

Top