• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2019 10:23 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough

Two RFD apps, one of them is missing something very important

I downloaded both RFD apps, one of them being the simplified one and noticed that messages that are quoted towards me on the forums aren't listed as a notification but in the other app they do show it. I like the simplified app but why is such a feature as important as that is missing? If the purpose of the app is to conveniently reply to threads in a more simplified format the least you admins can do is add the notification option to alert us if someone quoted our post.
6 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
There's the main app and the forums app. Being quoted is a forum feature and you do get notified of such in the forums app.

The forum tab within the main app only provides a web view of the forum and doesn't provide any special features that Chrome or Safari wouldn't also.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
TomRFD wrote: There's the main app and the forums app. Being quoted is a forum feature and you do get notified of such in the forums app.

The forum tab within the main app only provides a web view of the forum and doesn't provide any special features that Chrome or Safari wouldn't also.
Yes the forums app, I don't see the notification when I am quoted can you show me where or how? Thanks
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
OrangeBerry wrote: Yes the forums app, I don't see the notification when I am quoted can you show me where or how? Thanks
iOS or Android? I'm on iOS and here's a screenshot of how it looks. There's no specific setting for type so as long as notifications are turned on for the app, they should be coming in.
Images
  • Screenshot 2019-03-22 19.52.23.png
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
TomRFD wrote: iOS or Android? I'm on iOS and here's a screenshot of how it looks. There's no specific setting for type so as long as notifications are turned on for the app, they should be coming in.
Alright I should have been more specific. Yes I am on iOS but I installed the app AFTER I already got quoted, so because of that it won't show up?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
OrangeBerry wrote: Alright I should have been more specific. Yes I am on iOS but I installed the app AFTER I already got quoted, so because of that it won't show up?
The app wouldn’t give you a notification for a past event. This reply however should give you a notification.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
TomRFD wrote: The app wouldn’t give you a notification for a past event. This reply however should give you a notification.
Thanks makes sense now

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)