Computers & Electronics

Type of wire for bell fibe internet.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2021 7:03 pm
[OP]
Mar 12, 2008
146 posts
37 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: No, you do not need to call Bell.

You need to call them if you want to relocate the wall outlet to another room.

Just be careful unplugging the fibre cable from the modem and wall outlet.
Do I just pull the wire out of ghd outlet like normal or is there some trick to it? I was able to pull the wire out the modem no problem. The outlet was much tougher and I didn't want to use too much strength and break it..
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3635 posts
2297 upvotes
London
Haji_Kun wrote: Do I just pull the wire out of ghd outlet like normal or is there some trick to it? I was able to pull the wire out the modem no problem. The outlet was much tougher and I didn't want to use too much strength and break it..
should just pull out they lock in there pretty firmly
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
15136 posts
19117 upvotes
Toronto
Haji_Kun wrote: Do I just pull the wire out of ghd outlet like normal or is there some trick to it? I was able to pull the wire out the modem no problem. The outlet was much tougher and I didn't want to use too much strength and break it..
Just pull out the fibre cable by the connectors not the fibre cable.
Destiny is all
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
6016 posts
2738 upvotes
Durham
Haji_Kun wrote: Hi all,

Does anyone know what type of cable bell uses for their modems? It's thinner than your standard ethernet cable. I want to buy a longer cable because I want to move the modem to another location but the current wire isn't long enough. Any links you can post would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Here's a link to the images ... https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALe ... 66&bih=625

just a quick google will get you the answer
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
4963 posts
1961 upvotes
Vancouver
OP - I believe that connector is a push-pull type. Push and then pull to release it from the socket it is in.

Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
12915 posts
4521 upvotes
Ontario
On the cable there should be lettering as to what type of cable it is. Then you can search for something similar or better but longer length.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)