[OP]
May 1, 2004
705 posts
355 upvotes
Montreal

Potential pricing error deal: U-Haul trailer hitches

Retailer:
U-Haul
I was looking to get a hitch installed on my 2016 Mazda CX-3 and was looking around for pricing. I happened to find that you can get a hitch (part only - not installed) from U-Haul online and they are made by Curt. If you go on their hitch page (https://www.uhaul.com/Trailer-Hitches/), the pricing is by default in USD. You can change it to CAD on the upper right hand corner. For my car, the hitch was 149.95$ USD, but when changed to CAD, it fell to 135.95$ CAD! Face With Tears Of Joy There's definitely a bug on their site, as when you check out, no taxes are being charged! I managed to get the hitch for my car shipped for 135.95$ CAD.

I randomly checked a couple of cars and it doesn't work for all cars. However, there are cars that do work, so up to you to search for yours. I did notice that the hitch accessories are priced properly.

Good luck with your hunt. Now, I have to find time to get mine installed! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Edit: Forgot to mention that it was shipped via FedEx from Brampton, ON, so even though the site is in the US, it is shipped from Canada. I ordered it on Tuesday and received it today (Friday).
receipt.jpg
Hitch.jpg
Last edited by bobmtb on May 22nd, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
520 replies
Mar 20, 2013
135 posts
344 upvotes
Edmonton
RFD effect! I don't even drive a vehicle but I feel I need to get hitch!
Nov 6, 2013
571 posts
1721 upvotes
MONTREAL
I already have a hitch, but I itch to buy another hitch
Mar 24, 2007
861 posts
326 upvotes
Alright guys let's go get those B... Hitches!
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2113 posts
328 upvotes
Vancouver
There is definitely a glitch in the system. I ordered my hitch for my 2019 Rav4. Two listed, a Curt for 150 USD and Drawtite for $180 USD. When you change to CDN, its $240 and 180 respectively. I ended up ordering the Drawtite for $180 and free shipping and no taxes. I got it last week and installed yesterday.
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Stabilo7/RFD2.jpg[/IMG]
Mar 24, 2016
681 posts
775 upvotes
scarborough
have one in the back already. getting on for the front

buy now think later. should be helpful later on
May 21, 2018
494 posts
439 upvotes
Seems too good to be true, whats the hitch?
Don't forget to goo your attic!
Jan 13, 2004
973 posts
405 upvotes
Vancouver
I don't think it's a price error. I bought one from them a few years ago and it was cheaper in Canada than the USA. A friend of mine got the same deal in store and no one blinked an eye about the price. We were told uhaul sells hitches for cheap to lure people into renting trailers from them.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2113 posts
328 upvotes
Vancouver
turbo_slug wrote: I don't think it's a price error. I bought one from them a few years ago and it was cheaper in Canada than the USA. A friend of mine got the same deal in store and no one blinked an eye about the price. We were told uhaul sells hitches for cheap to lure people into renting trailers from them.
Naw there are definitely errors. How can you not charge tax? The exchange rate doesn't make sense. It's not on every product just on some. Different makes and models. Its almost like someone is supposed to be changing the exchange rates manually and only did half.
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Stabilo7/RFD2.jpg[/IMG]
May 20, 2020
6 posts
27 upvotes
new to this... do I need to buy hitch ball and ball mount with it to install the hitch?

or just the hitch is enough.

I am hoping to install a rack for my bike.

Thank you.
Dec 21, 2012
272 posts
229 upvotes
Abbotsford
God damnit, you're shitting me. I LITERALLY had a hitch installed on my 2016 CX5 yesterday at U-Haul 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ $286 installed. UGH
All your base are belong to us
[OP]
May 1, 2004
705 posts
355 upvotes
Montreal
victoriadeals wrote: new to this... do I need to buy hitch ball and ball mount with it to install the hitch?

or just the hitch is enough.

I am hoping to install a rack for my bike.

Thank you.
I guess it depends on the bike rack that you have. I just ordered the hitch and none of the accessories, since the rack I have inserts straight into the hitch.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

runbrun11