• Jun 6th, 2020 3:25 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7267 posts
1537 upvotes
Mont-Royal
redkid wrote: you have $ buddy
pay full price :)
that is not how it works. when u bought something so expensive, you need to save in other things. such as buying instant noodles three times per day as meals for the whole family for a year
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Jan 13, 2004
883 posts
299 upvotes
Vancouver
Stabilo7 wrote: Naw there are definitely errors. How can you not charge tax? The exchange rate doesn't make sense. It's not on every product just on some. Different makes and models. Its almost like someone is supposed to be changing the exchange rates manually and only did half.
If you're buying online, and uhaul's online store isn't a Canadian company, they might not collect the taxes for the Canadian government?

Note uhaul is known to make use of loopholes in their favor. Ever notice they insure all their trucks in utah regardless of where they're primarily used?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2012
1041 posts
613 upvotes
Stabilo7 wrote: There is definitely a glitch in the system. I ordered my hitch for my 2019 Rav4. Two listed, a Curt for 150 USD and Drawtite for $180 USD. When you change to CDN, its $240 and 180 respectively. I ended up ordering the Drawtite for $180 and free shipping and no taxes. I got it last week and installed yesterday.
Is there any downsides to having a hitch installed? I assume they drill holes which may cause rust? I also have a 2019 RAV4
Oct 12, 2011
338 posts
196 upvotes
CARP
Stabilo7 wrote: There is definitely a glitch in the system. I ordered my hitch for my 2019 Rav4. Two listed, a Curt for 150 USD and Drawtite for $180 USD. When you change to CDN, its $240 and 180 respectively. I ended up ordering the Drawtite for $180 and free shipping and no taxes. I got it last week and installed yesterday.
Is it hard to install?
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2065 posts
303 upvotes
Vancouver
Luyuan20 wrote: Is there any downsides to having a hitch installed? I assume they drill holes which may cause rust? I also have a 2019 RAV4
Rav4 2019-2020 has 4 holes already in the frame. Remove some protective stickers and bolt it in. Down side is apparently Uhaul can be careless. If i was going to scratch a bumper or something I rather it be me doing it. Also, gave me something to do at home. Less interactions with others.
ImpKnight wrote: Is it hard to install?
Overall not too hard. If at home, having someone else help is good. Lots of good info on the Rav4 world forum and some youtube videos on how to install for the Rav4. Overall not hard, just a bit frustrating at times. Got it done in about 2 hours. Just awkward to handle.
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Stabilo7/RFD2.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2367 posts
983 upvotes
Surrey
Luyuan20 wrote:
Is there any downsides to having a hitch installed? I assume they drill holes which may cause rust? I also have a 2019 RAV4
Holes are already there from factory
ImpKnight wrote:
Is it hard to install?
Not really but it heavy to install. Not sure which OP bought for low profile hitch bumper need to be modified and routing wiring harness to battery

Etrailer.com has lots of videos and installation manual
Last edited by paaji on May 22nd, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 19, 2008
850 posts
258 upvotes
Pierrefonds
AceReaper wrote: I already have a hitch, but I itch to buy another hitch
Put a hitch on your hitch so you can tow while you tow Face With Tears Of Joy
Oct 12, 2011
338 posts
196 upvotes
CARP
Stabilo7 wrote: Rav4 2019-2020 has 4 holes already in the frame. Remove some protective stickers and bolt it in. Down side is apparently Uhaul can be careless. If i was going to scratch a bumper or something I rather it be me doing it. Also, gave me something to do at home. Less interactions with others.

Overall not too hard. If at home, having someone else help is good. Lots of good info on the Rav4 world forum and some youtube videos on how to install for the Rav4. Overall not hard, just a bit frustrating at times. Got it done in about 2 hours. Just awkward to handle.
How do I decide between the 3 options(for the 2019 Rav4)? Just weight capacity?
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2065 posts
303 upvotes
Vancouver
ImpKnight wrote: How do I decide between the 3 options(for the 2019 Rav4)? Just weight capacity?
The more expensive one in canada is made by Curt. The other two are the same, made by Draw-tite. Both are basically the same so I went with the cheaper one. The Curt apparently is a bit better finished, but I figured whatever. The Curt is cheaper in USD than the Draw-tite, but draw-tite is cheaper in Canada. They both mount under the existing bumper for the Rav4 and install is the same. Small differences, Tow capacity of the mount is way more than the vehicle can do. Both are fine. I went with the cheaper of the two, but the two cheaper options are the same. Same company makes the mount under a few different brand names.
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Stabilo7/RFD2.jpg[/IMG]
Aug 31, 2006
772 posts
531 upvotes
Norilsk
ImpKnight wrote: Is it hard to install?
3/10 level of difficultly
If I robbed the place I would be out by now....
Feb 11, 2018
740 posts
672 upvotes
Balls and itches, what can be wrong?

I installed two of those. The second one was easier... And passing the wire from the trunk to the battery was a REAL fun, not!
A human race drowning in materialism.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5981 posts
2549 upvotes
they used u-haul trucks for temporarily storing dead bodies in NYC. I wonder if they did that here.
Apr 5, 2010
796 posts
50 upvotes
$243 cad or $209 usd for a hitch. It's retail price for my Lexus. Same price as Amazon in CAD.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3025 posts
5080 upvotes
Laval
2012-2017 Camry is $144 CURT 12107 Class-2 Receiver Hitch

Last edited by 2Riskit on May 22nd, 2020 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 18, 2007
143 posts
171 upvotes
Markham
turbo_slug wrote: If you're buying online, and uhaul's online store isn't a Canadian company, they might not collect the taxes for the Canadian government?

Note uhaul is known to make use of loopholes in their favor. Ever notice they insure all their trucks in utah regardless of where they're primarily used?
You're probably right re: Tax

I bought my first hitch online from them about 15 years ago , and almost every hitch since as they've never charged tax and usually have the best prices.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)