Expired Hot Deals

u-haul

Pro Series Eclipse 4 Bike Rack $130.95 - No Tax - FS

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2020 12:44 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
3298 posts
1686 upvotes

Pro Series Eclipse 4 Bike Rack $130.95 - No Tax - FS

Deal Link:
Price:
130.95
Retailer:
u-haul
Got the U-Haul Tow-Hitch and while searching for a 4 bike rack i came across the Pro-Series Eclipse 63124 which is highly reviewed.

Bike carrier, 4 Bike, w/ tilt function, 2” sq. receiver mount

Carries up to 4 bikes; accommodates most bike styles and sizes
Smart swing-arm design tilts forward allowing rear vehicle access without unloading bikes
Padded cradles secure bikes without damage to the frame
Hook and loop straps offer superior support and promote quick and easy loading & unloading
Integrated rear reflector for nighttime visibility
Fits 2” receivers

NOTE 1. default currency is USD $99, change it to CND to see $130.95

Reviews sites

https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Bike-Rac ... 63124.html


Included amazon price history for the last year.
Images
  • amazon price history.jpg
Last edited by zzricezz on Jul 1st, 2020 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5273 posts
7154 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
deep wrote: Interestingly enough, it shows up at $99 for me.
Scroll to very bottom then change Countries
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
3298 posts
1686 upvotes
deep wrote: Interestingly enough, it shows up at $99 for me.
Yea need to change the currency to CND. I put that in the OP.
Sr. Member
May 22, 2016
740 posts
983 upvotes
Thanks ordered. $130 CAD all in is a steal for this
Sr. Member
Aug 2, 2014
743 posts
871 upvotes
Vancity
This is not really hot. This bike rack is pretty decent, but $130 is nothing special. In fact this should be close to regular price TBH. There are some unfavorable reviews on Amazon US. One pic showed a weld cracked apart.

Here is a comparable one at home depot.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/detail ... 1000805814
$120.

Also. OP, the link you provided for a review/compare is a Reese rack, different brand.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
3298 posts
1686 upvotes
yeti13 wrote: This is not really hot. This bike rack is pretty decent, but $130 is nothing special. In fact this should be close to regular price TBH. There are some unfavorable reviews on Amazon US. One pic showed a weld cracked apart.

Here is a comparable one at home depot.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/detail ... 1000805814
$120.

Also. OP, the link you provided for a review/compare is a Reese rack, different brand.
Pro series and Reese is the same company, Reese actually use the Pro Series.

https://www.reeseprod.com/mobile/produc ... y7J%7Cr2zF

Also if you want the one from home depot then I suggest you get it from Costco it on sale this week for $99. Which I cancelled after reading the reviews on Costco. And I pretty much trust Costco reviews the most :)

https://www.costco.ca/dk2-receiver-hitc ... 21637.html
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2012
896 posts
883 upvotes
Kingston
Any idea if this ships from the USA or Canada? If USA, additional duty/brokerage fees could make this a really bad deal.
Member
Mar 14, 2008
356 posts
148 upvotes
nuxper wrote: Any idea if this ships from the USA or Canada? If USA, additional duty/brokerage fees could make this a really bad deal.
I bought a hitch last week from uhaul.com and it shipped from Woodbridge, Ontario via fedex. No duties. Ordered june 22nd, shipped on the 23rd, arrived on the 25th!
Member
May 4, 2006
285 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
zzricezz wrote: Pro series and Reese is the same company, Reese actually use the Pro Series.

https://www.reeseprod.com/mobile/produc ... y7J%7Cr2zF

Also if you want the one from home depot then I suggest you get it from Costco it on sale this week for $99. Which I cancelled after reading the reviews on Costco. And I pretty much trust Costco reviews the most :)

https://www.costco.ca/dk2-receiver-hitc ... 21637.html
Thank you. Time to do a price adjustment at Costco, as we got it for full price. BTW, we are happy with the one from Costco. It works for us for 3 bikes. Not sure if I would be happy with it if we had 4 bikes though...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5807 posts
3058 upvotes
Winnipeg
nuxper wrote: Any idea if this ships from the USA or Canada? If USA, additional duty/brokerage fees could make this a really bad deal.
Mine came from Kansas with no extra fees.
One thing to consider is that some bikes won't fit on this rack. If the bike has narrow space below the tube then you need to find a way to secure them.
Also the straps are Velcro, so not sure how long they will last
Zoomer Wireless | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
Newbie
Dec 30, 2011
8 posts
5 upvotes
Newmarket
Thank you very much! Pulled the trigger this morning. Was looking at all the name brands which are hundreds of dollars more. Hopefully this does the trick for casual use.
Member
Jan 4, 2007
393 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver
I have this rack and it's pita. I would not recommend. I bought it on clearance for $40 a few years ago. That's the only thing that's good. The hitch likes to rattle a bit. It's hard to put the bikes on with this system. The straps that go on the bike stretch and then the bike slides. Fine for occasional use but if you bike once a week or more get something better. Also forget about putting 4 bikes unless some of them are kids bikes. I have a lot of trouble loading 3 adult bikes. I can't imagine 4.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4490 posts
2976 upvotes
Would this be a good candidate to replace my rusted thule 4 parkway?
Sr. Member
Aug 2, 2014
743 posts
871 upvotes
Vancity
cristianosham wrote: Would this be a good candidate to replace my rusted thule 4 parkway?
It's no where near the quality of a Thule. Unless your Thule is severely rusted and damaged, I would personally sand down the rust spots on the Thule, put that black anti rust stuff they have at Canadian tire or whatever, then hit it with a rattle can. Or just sand it down and go straight to the rattle can.

Top