Expired Hot Deals

[U.N. Luggage] Briggs & Riley minimum $50 off $199+, $100 off $400+, Free Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2020 5:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2271 posts
2942 upvotes

Briggs & Riley minimum $50 off $199+, $100 off $400+, Free Shipping

Deal Link:
Retailer:
U.N. Luggage
Great sale on Briggs & Riley bags, for avid travelers. These bags all carry a no-nonsense lifetime warranty. If it's ever damaged or broken, no matter the reason, they will repair it free of charge. I've personally bought bags from UN Luggage and can vouch that they are a good seller to deal with.

They also have an Amazon storefront with most of the same pricing to use up those gift cards and score some rebates.
33 replies
Feb 26, 2010
363 posts
127 upvotes
Montreal
13inches wrote: Great sale on Briggs & Riley bags, for avid travelers. These bags all carry a no-nonsense lifetime warranty. If it's ever damaged or broken, no matter the reason, they will repair it free of charge. I've personally bought bags from UN Luggage and can vouch that they are a good seller to deal with.

They also have an Amazon storefront with most of the same pricing to use up those gift cards and score some rebates.
What gift cards and rebates are you referring to?
Jun 4, 2019
7 posts
16 upvotes
These prices seem inflated compared to other sites (even from amazon.ca), even with the discount
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2271 posts
2942 upvotes
JacksonW35280 wrote: These prices seem inflated compared to other sites (even from amazon.ca), even with the discount
MSRP on Briggs & Riley bags are not cheap. I've bought all of my pieces on sale or clearance, and even one of the bags I bought recently is over $100 cheaper in this sale.

Think of these bags like a divorce: why are they so expensive? Because they're worth it.
Dec 20, 2018
229 posts
355 upvotes
The luggage industry seems to have the most laughable MSRP. I'm not sure about this company, but the industry pricing reminds me of pots and pans where you can have 70% off, but still the same price for a similar brand at a similar store.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4617 posts
997 upvotes
Scarborough
Not just UN Luggage, but this applies to all authorized retailers that sell B&R.
Oct 24, 2009
844 posts
802 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes it is expensive but the luggage is very high quality, particularly the baseline series. Their compression technology really works too, I can go for a 10 day vacation just bringing one of their carry on rollers.

Lifetime warranty INCLUDING airline damage on all items https://www.briggs-riley.com/pages/lifetime-guarantee

This is a buy once per lifetime kind of thing
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14869 posts
7823 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
anthony9 wrote: The luggage industry seems to have the most laughable MSRP. I'm not sure about this company, but the industry pricing reminds me of pots and pans where you can have 70% off, but still the same price for a similar brand at a similar store.
In general, I would have to agree as many retailers sell 'garden variety' bags at 50 to 60% discounts off of their 'retail' price but one can argue that no-one buys those bags at 'retail' price so you can argue that those bags shouldn't be retailing at those prices!

HOWEVER, Briggs and Riley are different bags altogether. They rarely go on sale unlike other bags which seem to be always on sale. If Briggs and Riley do go on sale, their sale prices are nowhere close to what other bags go on sale for - ie B&R might be on sale of 10% while those others are on sale for 50%. Other warranties are limited to 10 or 15 years while B&R is a lifetime warranty. Other warranties require proof of purchase while B&R doesn't - if you have the bag, then that's proof enough that you own the bag. Other warranties won't cover this that and the other thing while B&R covers everything. Heck, if they can't repair the bag, they will replace it with a current generation bag.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14869 posts
7823 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
absolutcamper wrote: Yes it is expensive but the luggage is very high quality, particularly the baseline series. Their compression technology really works too, I can go for a 10 day vacation just bringing one of their carry on rollers.

Lifetime warranty INCLUDING airline damage on all items https://www.briggs-riley.com/pages/lifetime-guarantee

This is a buy once per lifetime kind of thing
I recently had a 30 year old B&R bag replaced!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6223 posts
314 upvotes
Scarborough
I love hard case luggage and always wanted to buy a Briggs and Riley but the Briggs & Riley Transcend 21” Carry-On is 50% off (but it soft/cloth).
Oct 24, 2009
844 posts
802 upvotes
Vancouver
lithiumli wrote: I love hard case luggage and always wanted to buy a Briggs and Riley but the Briggs & Riley Transcend 21” Carry-On is 50% off (but it soft/cloth).
I have both Transcend and Baseline carry ons. The fabric on the Baseline seems to resist wear better but that may be due to the colour. Nevertheless, the B&R quality is still there. Wheels are very good and the zippers are buttery smooth. It has the same flat back design (rails on the outside) as the baseline so still very easy to pack. The Transcend is sturdy and I have no doubts that it will last.

Only thing I miss from the Baseline is the hard plastic expansion system. If you expand the Transcend it has to be full or it won’t hold it’s shape. Probably not a big deal from most but I like to have them expanded near the end of my trips (souvenirs, laundry, etc) and the rigid expansion on the baseline makes it easy to pack.
Dec 7, 2009
992 posts
524 upvotes
East of Toronto
B&R Baseline is a great product. Do not see it discounted too often. Also like that, outside of frequent travelers, the brand is largely unknown. Fwiw, you can also get some models with Aeroplan points.
Jun 4, 2019
7 posts
16 upvotes
Oh I know I am a huge B&R fan, I have probably $1.5k of their stuff right now lol. Just that the prices this site has, compared to other places selling B&R (including what amazon.ca carries) seemed higher even with the discount
Oct 24, 2009
844 posts
802 upvotes
Vancouver
JacksonW35280 wrote: Oh I know I am a huge B&R fan, I have probably $1.5k of their stuff right now lol. Just that the prices this site has, compared to other places selling B&R (including what amazon.ca carries) seemed higher even with the discount
Pretty sure there was a price increase recently. Used to be 1:1 CAD to USD prices but they fixed that.