Home & Garden

⚡⚡⚡Hot water appears to be yellow in house...

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2020 8:27 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 17, 2017
239 posts
35 upvotes

⚡⚡⚡Hot water appears to be yellow in house...

Hot waters looks yellow at all faucets, however cold water seems to be alright, what could've went wrong? What should I do?
PS: hot water heater is a rental from Reliance
Thx
6 replies
Sep 7, 2015
85 posts
48 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
How old is the water heater? might be rusting out from the inside and showing its age specially if the sacrificial rod was never replaced. I would at the very least drain it enough to flush out the sediments.
[OP]
Jun 17, 2017
239 posts
35 upvotes
db9514022 wrote: How old is the water heater? might be rusting out from the inside and showing its age specially if the sacrificial rod was never replaced. I would at the very least drain it enough to flush out the sediments.
around 7 years only
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4267 posts
297 upvotes
Hamilton
If it's only hot water, then the water heater seems the likely source. If it's a rental then get Reliance out asap.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8045 posts
9021 upvotes
Montréal
Inside the tanks is rusting. Probably a low end tank to have this issue after only 7 years. Like said, flush it. To flush it, turn off heater's circuit breaker9 if electric heater) or turn gas valve. Open hot water taps in the house, and open the valve at the bottom of the tank. let flow until water that comes out is clean. Reverse the operations to have it filled.
Apr 25, 2018
196 posts
222 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
DoorCrasher wrote: Inside the tanks is rusting. Probably a low end tank to have this issue after only 7 years. Like said, flush it. To flush it, turn off heater's circuit breaker9 if electric heater) or turn gas valve. Open hot water taps in the house, and open the valve at the bottom of the tank. let flow until water that comes out is clean. Reverse the operations to have it filled.
if you turn the gas off, you'll have to relight the pilot potentially

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)